Tiling a roof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markblue777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Just a quick one, what is the minimum pitch standard roof tiles can go on a roof and be effective. Going to be tilling the roof of a porch and need to know what pitch I should do the roof I was hoping to do a 12/4 or 12/5 run. Is that possible with standard tiles or is that to shallow?
Cheers
Mark

Ok so I believe they are just standard clay tiles. Picked them up from free cycle as they were surplus to requirments, so should have just enough to do the porch.

I'll have to check make and model when I get home from work.

But if have a larger headlap and the exposure is not to great you can get away with lower pitches?

Mark

I've just started researching the same thing as I want to replace the concrete tiles on my garage with plain clay tiles. The garage roof pitch is 27 degrees so below the minimum most manufacturers recommend. Plus I want sprockets at the eaves thereby reducing it even more.

Is this an open porch or a closed one? If open I'd just put them up with a simple underfelt. If closed in and therefore needing to be proper watertight, the following link might be useful

http://www.dreadnought-tiles.co.uk/Pitc ... grees.html

Hope that helps, I'm still looking into what I can do on my garage and will be keen to hear other replies

Mark

Back