Tight or not tight enough

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No no a few packs of that packet came with the saw didn’t use any
As they were a bit discoloured
Should have worded it a bit better
I will use Olson No5 until I get a bit more proficient
Sorry for the mixup

No no a few packs of that packet came with the saw didn’t use any
As they were a bit discoloured
Should have worded it a bit better
I will use Olson No5 until I get a bit more proficient
Sorry for the mixup
Ah sorry my mistake.

At some point you could invest in some #3 blades too. They would give you a finer finish but it depends largely upon the wood density. I have some lovely Baltic birch but it’s much denser than some packs of ply I can get at my local Baumarkt (B&Q equivalent).

Just got a pack of 10 A4 Baltic Birch yesterday e bay £35.00
I will bear in mind what you say about density

As per Bungalowbill63 the blade clamp thumbscrew should be backed off slightly, Hegner quotes approx 1mm gap on the top clamp in the manual.
This allows the clamp to rock slightly in the arm during use. If its held rigid then stress transfer to the blade will occur

View attachment 165146View attachment 165147

I had not seen this one, thank you for the post :cool:

I will try this when I next do some sawing, obviously been tightening the screws too far :mad:.

The thumbscrew or screws depending on model are there to help prevent the blade clamp launching itself off into the abyss of the workshop when a blade snaps. I could imagine many an hour would be lost looking for the clamps if the thumbscrew was missing 🤣

The thumbscrew or screws depending on model are there to help prevent the blade clamp launching itself off into the abyss of the workshop when a blade snaps. I could imagine many an hour would be lost looking for the clamps if the thumbscrew was missing 🤣

That happened to the tension spring on the small Hegner.

Fortunately I had ordered spares springs.

I contacted Hegner in GMbH and the very helpful chap sent pictures of how they should be fitted.

Picture a Heger, the spring and a rubber mallet, works extremely well.
I found the missing spring a few months later during a workshop clean up.

Latest posts

Back