This Is Joiner Sim

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you fink of my work considering im only 19?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

• Poor

• Total voters

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, 8)

Just thought I would post a "newbie" topic to introduce myself to you all!

I am only 19 years old and have 4 years experience in the carpentry & joinery trade. I done an apprentiship for 2 years and gained my NVQ Level in capentry & joinery. I have done a bit of sitework, but since qualifying thru my apprentiship I have been working in a joinery workshop, making bespoke construction joinery, windows & doors that sort of thing. I have some pictures of my own work that I managed to take before they have gone out on site, feel free to have a look at mywebsite links down the bottom. (this is not an advert by the way, as I don't advertise the company on the net)

I like to give out woodworking advice, even though I only have 4 years experience, I am the wayne rooney of the joinery trade! \:D/ haha not really, just have got some good experience now and I'm willing to share my ideas with others, have been a regular poster on other forums and hope this forum will be not exception!

Thanks for that Joiner Sim, next time I have a problem I'm sure you will be able to sort it out for me. Wow, 4 years experience.

Regards Senior

Simon

I had a look at your pics and I am impressed with your work. I am also equally impressed with your attitude and sense of humour, these go a long way in your early years, being judged by your elders is a constant hazard. You have a great future, good luck.

Alan

Hey sim,

Some very nice work there. Do you make furniture as well?

Interesting website, like the mock sash windows, lovely arch.
How was that constructed and was it jointed, if so what kind of joint did you use.

Dom

slim jim - I don't make furniture at the moment, however I'm trying to get enough money together to have a workshop in the back yard with a couple of small machines in to allow me to start doing so.

dom - them arches are my favourite i think. to build the arch, as they was so big as well couldn't be done with just one timber.

to create the window section arched, I split the section into two. then using i think it was about 4 wide pieces of timber, cut the shape of the arch and to fix all the pieces together, overlapping the timbers and screwing straight thru the front, this was possible because as you can see the finish was painted. Once the arch had set, biscuit jointed the arch to the frame, and screwed. This may sound a bit vague, but quite hard to explain without actually doing it!

alan - thanks for your positive comments!

senior - thanks for that warm welcome :?

Nice website Simon. Looks like you enjoy your work, nice to see this for a guy as young as you. I did like the double braced gate. I look forward to you getting your workshop off the ground and trying your hand at some furniture, I think you will do well. All the best and welcome to the best woodworking forum on the 'Net'. :wink:

Welcome to the forum.

Nice work I especially like the mock sash windows! Your explanation how you did them is very clear (to me). It would not be my preferred method but for a commercial shop its a good way to do them.

Welcome to the forum Simon , nice work there . Dont worry about Senior , hes been grumpy ever since the doctor told him hes not allowed near the sharp tools anymore . :lol:

Sorry joiner Sim, caught me on a bad day, welcome to the forum, I am just a grumpy old git who upsets people without really trying.

Back