Think i will visit again!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leverb01507

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to Nelson Butler timber in Horncastle last week to get some 2" thick sycamore, spoke to Carl and recieved a really good service, he spent about 45 minutes chatting to me as we went through some boards. He has a great stock of native hardwwods, English Walnut, Pippy Oak, lots of burrs, Rippled sycamore, quarter sawn oak, Brown Oak and loads more (plenty of interesting stuff for turners). I spoke to Carl about the forum and he said that he is more than happy for hobbyists/pros to come for small orders. In the end i got Three boards of 2" english Sycamore, each 11' long wany edged from 10" to 17" wide with over three cube of good usable timber after resawing at home, all for £70. Very pleased. I would definately recommend, and just thought i would post on here for any one local to Horncastle like me.
Ben.

Last time i was there they had some really nice pippy oak and ripple sycamore. I must try to see carl next time as the guy who showed me round was well grumpy :D

cheers

jon

And by the way thanks JonnyD it was on your recommendation that i visited, would never have known that it was there without the forum.

Back