Think I have got myself a bargain........

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasandrich

Established Member
Reaction score
Chatting to an aquaintence this morning, he said "I don't suppose you want to buy a De Walt Router do you?"

So I asked the price and was told I could have it for £50, having made further enquiries I found it was a DW825E 2000W 1/2" variable speed router and in excess of £200 to buuy new.

I did ask if it was stolen and was assured it was not, the owner is an ex-chippy who is now epileptic so cannot work, and he is in financial difficulties and needed the money for bills.

So I am now the owner of a De Walt DW825E Router :D

Hi,

Thats nice and sad at the same time.

Pete

It is Pete and, to me, rather surprising. It took sometime of altering dosages to get my medication correct but after that I never suffered another seizure.

Roy.

kasandrich":2g1ludh9 said:
Chatting to an aquaintence this morning, he said "I don't suppose you want to buy a De Walt Router do you?"

So I asked the price and was told I could have it for £50, having made further enquiries I found it was a DW825E 2000W 1/2" variable speed router and in excess of £200 to buuy new.

I did ask if it was stolen and was assured it was not, the owner is an ex-chippy who is now epileptic so cannot work, and he is in financial difficulties and needed the money for bills.

So I am now the owner of a De Walt DW825E Router :D

Hope thats a 625E and not 825E as you said, they never made an 825E as far as I know :D

I'm pleased to hear about your router good fortune but sad to hear about the ex-chippy's misfortune.

Like Roy, I am rather surprised that he suffers to the extent that he can't work anymore. My daughter had a few months off work as a nurse and a year off driving but as soon as the medication settled she was fine. She has now gone 12 years without a fit.

Richard

Digit":6w0egahs said:
It is Pete and, to me, rather surprising. It took sometime of altering dosages to get my medication correct but after that I never suffered another seizure.

Roy.
Depends a bit on the cause of the problem Roy. ?Genetic, ?head injury, ?CNS disease, etc, Some aren't that controllable unfortunately.
Phil

I know of a neighbour who is epileptic from birth and is controlled and now in her 60s Phil and my case was brain damage, (alright, alright!), beyond that I can only sympathise.
It is a dreadfully restrictive condition if not controlled.
I was motor cycling, rallying, canoeing, rock climbing and Am Dram.
The lot stopped.

Roy.

Froggy":9ryvv2xv said:
I think you should go back and give him another £50. You'll still have a bargain and it sounds like he needs it.

+1, in the grand scheme of things £50 will be quickly forgotten (for you & I), but to the recipient probably not!

Digit":2nxto5g0 said:

Roy.

He says they won't let him on the building sites as he is too high risk :?

He has had one siezure this year to my knowledge, maybe the quantity of alcohol he consumes messes up the balance of his medication?

As for those who have suggested I give him another £50, I gave him what he asked for, and it did not come with the fence which looks like its going to cost me £30+

I wasn't really in the market for an expensive Router and would not have been interested at £100.

Richard

Back