Things to be aware of when moving house!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Steve M, once the overcharge is paid, right or wrong, it'll soon be forgotten and will have been overtaken by the nett good feeling of having your own place.

Workshop by Christmas?

Steve Maskery":12f6wao0 said:
Well I have exchanged contracts.
I should be ecstatic, but I'm going to have an argument with my solicitors about why they quoted one price and then billed me for £350 more. Not happy with them at all. The Estate Agents are threatening to report them to, whoever. The Law Society? I don't know.
I just want the keys and to put 56 years behind me.
S

I would push back hard against that £350 (unless you were advised in advance of incremental fees).

You entered into a contract to pay for a service at a price agreed by both parties. Remind them of that.

From the info you have given, it appears they are on a 'profit optimisation trip'.

You have nothing to lose by trying, and £350 to gain towards your new workshop.

Forget the comments from the Estate Agents. That's a waste of time/life.

GL

After all the trials and tribulations. I have finally exchanged on a house. Only 2 months later than originally agreed with vendor when I made an offer. Am away from home working at present so wife will have to move again on her own. This will be the third time this year she has done it. Do feel guilty about this. Though she is good at this stuff, suppose she has to be as I work away from home for over 6 months of the year. Have done since leaving school in 1980 and we've been married 22 years. Now all the planning can come together. New dog, bigger workshop oh and I suppose she deserves some major work on the house. Bigger kitchen, ensuite downstairs loo that sort of stuff.

Just an update on Chancel Repair Liability which I mentioned in the opening post:

"Iif there is no entry placed against your title at the Land Registry by 2013 (because of legislation passed in 2002) then the liability cannot be enforced against you.

Chancel Repair Liability loses its status as an overriding interest at midnight on 12 October 2013."

Full information at http://www.cluttoncox.co.uk/site/blog/b ... guide.html.

Regards Keith

ps had a lovely sunny day here today and I almost felt the need for the suntan lotion :lol:

Latest posts

Back