Thicknessing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
koolwabbit":2ak3huda said:
Sounds like your beds need waxing, use a candle.
Use my P/T a lot and find I get a similar prob with softwoods, all I do is run a piece of Oak thru and it seems to clear the feed rollers.

Koolwabbit

It's the Oak giving me the problem :cry:

Sorry Kevin, you're not having it, just send your wood to me :lol:

Martin,

One more thing to check, is the filter clear on the dust collector? You need maximum air flow so cleaning the filter if at all clogged could give you an improvement.

Hello again

I had time today tolook at the problem, first of all I looked at the tension on the feed roller, it seemed very tight but no matter how much I took off, the roller still wouldn't budge, turned out it was jammed but managed to free it.
Next I put some candle wax on the bed and the feed roller, this looked a bit harsh and when I done the first cut it struggled to feed it through, the next cut I brought the bed up by 1/8 of a turn on the handle (normally I take 1/4 of a turn) I made ten passes on a 5 foot board without any problems.

So no need to rush out and buy another dust extractor just yet :D

Thanks for everyones input, it's very much appreciated.

Lets give Richard of Axminster a warm welcome,

I would mention that on the Australian forum they gave a manufacturers forum member such a hard time he quit their forum, I hope nothing personal is ever directed at our new forum member.

Back