The Zimmers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant Paul,

I've already sent it to 5 countries and 15 different people.

Superb.

Depressing part is that I can remember singing it at the top of my voice and meaning it.

Dom.

The lead singer and the woman who hadn't left her flat for three years featured on Chris Evans' Drive Time show on BBC Radio 2 this evening. All the old folk used to attend a bingo hall which closed. They tried to get it to stay open, the BBC got involved and the record was the result. There are a few more clips on You Tube which give a bit more info - not had time to look at them yet - busy making a Woodbloke-style marking gauge 8)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul - great clip, me same as Dom with the original. Remember also when I played the long version of 'Won't Get Fooled Again' to Gareth for the first time when he was about 15 at a 'moderate' volume then turned the wick up for Roger Daltrey's scream at the end :twisted: ...his ears nearly melted and a big grin came over his face :D - Rob

Did anyone else notice the irony of a group of 90 year olds singing "I hope I die before I'm old". :shock:

Talk about failing in your aspirations...... :D

Taffy

Great link Paul 8) Anyone else recognise the famous pelican / zebra crossing?

From the BBC website:
For lead singer Alf Carretta, from London, potential rock stardom at the age of 90 has been unexpected.

"I can't believe this is happening. For me to have recorded a song in the same studio as the Beatles is just so exciting.

"I feel like the whole experience has brought me back to life. I was stuck in a rut and now I feel alive again," adds Alf.

Steve

promhandicam":hw20hiie said:
Great link Paul 8) Anyone else recognise the famous pelican / zebra crossing?

From the BBC website:
For lead singer Alf Carretta, from London, potential rock stardom at the age of 90 has been unexpected.

"I can't believe this is happening. For me to have recorded a song in the same studio as the Beatles is just so exciting.

"I feel like the whole experience has brought me back to life. I was stuck in a rut and now I feel alive again," adds Alf.

Steve

No.....can't be the same one :lol: :lol:......getting me hat and off to work in 5 - Rob

Back