The Tuffsaw fan club gets another member!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
I’ve finally come to the end of my stash of bandsaw blades so noting you lot raving about Ian at Tuffsaws, I sent him an e-mail asking lots of silly person questions about best blades.
Back came several patient replies. What a nice chap!
He is going to send me my order before getting the dosh –unbelievable service :shock:

Good choice for sourcing blades.

Would be interesting if you would pen a few lines on what the decision making process was in terms of matching blades to specific applications.

Other than the 3 teeth in the material rule, the rest of the process seems to be a black art in many respects.
Thanks

lurker":9z4qm6tl said:
I’ve finally come to the end of my stash of bandsaw blades so noting you lot raving about Ian at Tuffsaws, I sent him an e-mail asking lots of silly person questions about best blades.
Back came several patient replies. What a nice chap!
He is going to send me my order before getting the dosh –unbelievable service :shock:

Same here lurker i will second that, he is a nice chap he helped me out when i contacted him about some blades. so his fan club has another member to add to it.

Drop him a line m8 he will help you with the types of blades you will need to use.

[email protected]

Cheers

Dave

+1

I've recently acquired some blades for a Scheppach bench top Bandsaw. I ordered a set, but Ian had put his back out, so was laid up for a few days, as soon as he could he posted them to me.

I didn't receive anything for a week! I asked Ian and he sent out a new set asap, they didn't turn up till another 4 days after that (along with the first set!), even though they were 1st class recorded.

Ian apologised for them being late like this, even though it wasn't his fault, and I offered to buy the extra set off him, if he would knock a bit of the total price :lol:, he did, and let's say I didn't expect him to knock THAT MUCH off!

A very nice bloke to deal with, communicated extremely well throughout our transaction, offered me advice on which blades to get. I would DEFINITELY recommend him to anyone else.

Cheers_Dan. :)

I'll add another one to the Tuffsaw fan club.

Very helpful advice and excellent service.

I know where my next blades will be coming from! :D

No hesitation in recommending.

Yeh, he'sgood, and so are his blades. I've just got 5 off him, and am ripping 2mm sheets off an 8" block of Douglas Fir with one of them - without any fettling.
A very nice man.

The electricity company lopped down a small ash today on my property to clear a cable and I had them log it a bit long so I could rip some planks out of it.

Just hewn...the little DeWalt with one of Ian's blades in it didn't even blink on green!

I thought it would ruin the blade but it didn't! Astounding...are they made of Kryptonite?!

:D

Jim

Count me in as well.

E mailed Ian on tuesday asking advice, friday blades already in workshop waiting for work.

Excellent service.

Les

Count me in as well.

E mailed Ian on tuesday asking advice, friday blades already in workshop waiting for work.

Excellent service.

Les

I am another fan. I have had great service and Ian dispatched the blades before I paid him.

Likewise, I've got a brand new Axi 350 on its way (I've already got one stood wrapped in my living room but that's another story) and saw a few rave reviews here so thought I'd drop him an E-Mail to get a few blades in ready for my new arrival.

Like some above, I sent a bit of a beginners E-Mail to him saying what I want to do with my saw, what blades I've already been using and so forth and I got a lovely, detailed response back that wasn't intent on selling me his most expensive items.

Seems like a nice chap, very much looking forward to giving the blades a go and with a spot of luck they'll last longer than the ones on my old Clarke CBS 355!

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words and feedback
I haven’t been around the forums a lot lately – long story involving, moving, no internet and bad back!
Hopefully things are starting to get back to normal now though and I can be around a bit more.
Thanks again – really appreciate the kind words and any feedback is appreciated – always nicer when it’s positive feedback though :D

I've been using some of Ian's blades on my Euro 260 for the last few weeks. My impression is that they're pretty good...much better than the Axminster blades I'd been using up to now. I did a bit of veneer cutting (125mm wide) recently in oak and holly (the latter for Tiddles) and Ian's 3tpi went through the stuff like a knife through the proverbial - Rob

I would like to also rave about Ian's blades.

Great advice followed by excellent service and to top it off great customer service when I needed it. Which is all very hard to find in a business these days.

Oh and not forgetting brilliant blades.

So I am another very happy tuffsaw customer.

Back