The right jig saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukehayward86

Reaction score
Hi

I need a jig saw blade for a hitachi jigsaw that will cut straight when cutting 60mm hardwood (sycamore and walnut), i've been told i can get stiff jig saw blade but i'am having trouble trying to find the right types of blades online.

Can anyone help please

Luke

Hi, Luke

I have had the same problem my self with jigsaws. I don't think its a good tool for deep cuts.
I haven't come across stiff blades.

Pete

The name "jigsaw" might suggest that it's not best suited to straight cuts, but in the absence of another saw, use a good quality, brand new fairly coarse fast blade. ....And hope!
If there is even the smallest bit of uneven wear on the blade, it'll wander.

60mm does seem thick to me, but the best blades I've come across are the Bosch ones. They certainly cope with 40mm worktop. I forget the particular model, but they are just superb. Fast AND clean - I expected them to be one or the other. Bosch Customer Services will no doubt help you out.

lukehayward86":368s9wgj said:
I need a jig saw blade for a hitachi jigsaw that will cut straight when cutting 60mm hardwood

A jigsaw is the wrong tool for that type of work. You will find it difficult to get a straight cut because the blade is unsupported for most of the time.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Steve Maskery":1c6w6q82 said:
60mm does seem thick to me, but the best blades I've come across are the Bosch ones. They certainly cope with 40mm worktop. I forget the particular model, but they are just superb. Fast AND clean - I expected them to be one or the other. Bosch Customer Services will no doubt help you out.

+1 for the Bosch Blades.

Their 'Professional' range of power tools is excellent and the Jigsaw is a revelation. Bosch has come on in leaps and thingies, since I bought my first power screwdriver ten or twelve years ago! :D

B&D piranha and de walt are good. Unless they've changed suppliers recently, don't even think about screwfix own brand - pineapple of the highest ordure.

I have a d.i.y. book from 1982, that says that the jigsaw will never be any use on anything heavier than 6mm ply!!!

phil.p":2n2zm5ec said:
B&D piranha and de walt are good. Unless they've changed suppliers recently, don't even think about screwfix own brand - pineapple of the highest ordure.

I have a d.i.y. book from 1982, that says that the jigsaw will never be any use on anything heavier than 6mm ply!!!

Mine waltzes through 50mm pine no sweat!

Bosch T144 DP are good for deep cuts

They did sell T 101DP which were my choice for deep cuts but they dont seem to be available any more.

Bosch T234X blades would also be worth trying but im not sure they are any thicker than a standard blade. But are sold for deep cutting.

The only jigsaw that I have used that cuts straight with deep cuts are Festool. Also use Festool jigsaw blades as they are the best on the market IMO and last longer and have a great selection. I have used 150mm festool blades cutting 100mm and as long as you dont rush, can achieve good results.

Back