The RED lathe FOR SALE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please forgive me here but, i for one am sick of seeing adverts all over this forum , and now we have links from one section to another section and this is blatant spamming and i think it should be stopped.
Off to italy in the morning away from this site for 9 days, thank god..

stevebuk":39jkkyll said:
please forgive me here but, i for one am sick of seeing adverts all over this forum , and now we have links from one section to another section and this is blatant spamming and i think it should be stopped.

Perhaps we should have an area on the forum for sales and not allow sales posts elsewhere. But not sure I mind too much,

Steve with the Black Dog":mj5uf29q said:
stevebuk":mj5uf29q said:

Perhaps we should have an area on the forum for sales and not allow sales posts elsewhere. But not sure I mind too much,

its been discussed before - but the mods arent too keen on adding extra sections.

most people arent too bothered, and after all anyone who is can just not read the threads

Personally I don't have a problem. I see it as an ideal way for many of us to pass on equipment etc and as a great way for new turners to pick up tools etc from a reliable source. As said, as long as it is titled appropriately it needn't be read if it is something that bothers. Life is too short to get hassled by things like this.

pete

Doctor":r0piwg8k said:
Blister you have very thick skin :shock:

Humm , Thought I was having a Senior moment ,

Thick Skin , Do I :?

Please enlighten me

I am a forum member since 2006
I work for a living
I have items I don't need
I offer the items to forum members

When I sell them I am Happy
The forum member who benefits for the item is HAPPY

An overwhelming number of forum members like me to offer items on this site , and have publicly asked me to carry on

The MODS would stop me if I am doing anything wrong , and I am still hear , not been banned !

And I don't rise to the bait , even after seeing comments like this on other forums " Must go , I need to slag off blister before I go on holiday "

Have a nice day Doctor , the sun is shinning and hopefully it will warm up , been somewhat chilly lately

:wink:

I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong, might just have been better to have let the water settle.

I would like to point out that you will not find a single reference about you from me on the other site, amazing how many people read it isn't it?

I am Senior, and very proud of him.

I too work for a living, shouldn't we all?

I wholeheartedly agree with Blister, I see nothing wrong with the ads, it is no more than people would do if gathered together at some meeting place. I managed to get a nice Multistar chuck & accessories from Mark Hancock.

When I sell them I am Happy
The forum member who benefits for the item is HAPPY

I agree with you, we sell for the benefit of others on this forum and often out our own expense.
If there is no other place to do so, then this is it.

I cant for the life of me see a problem with this, I guess some folk need to get out more often,pedantry, I guess has many forms.

Just for good measure I thought it was a well presented add and a good price to boot.

Latest posts

Back