The Midlands Show 23rd-25th April - EXHIBITORS LIST

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bean

Bean":3bpmi9z0 said:
:oops: Forgot to log in :oops: Is that what they call a neil ???

I would like you to know that I suffer from a very rare medical condition that seems to ensures that Alf has even more posts credited than I do. :wink:

See you on Saturday, you can always bring a false beard.

Cheers
Neil

Alf":2zycohch said:
trevtheturner":2zycohch said:
Or just turn up at the appointed place and time and say, loudly, "'Tis me, Dave of UKWorkshop fame," in case there are others there with beards and check shirts. That'll do the trick. :wink:
Yep, reckon you'd be instantly recognisable as the struggling bloke being led off by men in white coats who've kindly brought you a canvas jacket to wear... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Well I am going to try and get there, but I hope not to end up fitted with a nice canvas jacket :lol:

I will have a beard, unless something nasty happens to me between now and getting there, but I am not buying a check shirt to wear, if fact you would need to pay me quite a lot to wear one :shock:

Bean":2zycohch said:
Hi All
Shall we all wear carnation or carry newspapers under our left arm???

Bean

No much too obvious, I will be wearing a pair of my clogs. No not Dutch or Swedish,English Clogs as mentioned in some of my early posts to this forum 8) you can't beat a nice piece of wood under each foot :D

Dave

You are an absolute star!

I've been looking for some clogs like that for years. As luck would have it, I'm scheduled to go shopping for HWMBOs birthday present in Hereford on Saturday. He needs a new straw hat for summer to protect his increasingly pink pate and there's a very good traditional gent's outfitters in Hereford. And Kington is right in the middle of Hergest, a particularly beautiful part of England (anyone else here naff enough to recall Mike Oldfield's "Hergest Ridge"?) so I plan to exploit the super weather forecast. Whilst you lot are sweltering in a stuffy exhibition centre, I'll be swanning off over the Marches.

Err... thinking about it, Dave - clogs, beard... you don't dance the whole hey occasionally, by any chance?

Yours

Gill

Gill,

You calling me naff????

Rgds

Noel

Hi Noel

Errr... I suppose I am :shock: . Sorry :( . It wasn't meant to sound like that. Actually, I quite like some Mike Oldfield stuff, but Hergest Ridge was a bit insular for my taste.

I know you're not naff - after all, you're a woodworker.

Yours

Gill

Hey Gill

I didn't really like the Ridge album either, not a touch on T. Bells.
But like a lot of music from those days the memory of good music is best left in the mind rather than revisited on CD. Other than Van, and N Young of course...

Rgds

Noel

GillD":31xzbh5s said:
Dave

You are an absolute star!
Now stop that I'll blush :oops:
GillD":31xzbh5s said:
Err... thinking about it, Dave - clogs, beard... you don't dance the whole hey occasionally, by any chance?
I even know how to strip the willow :D I don't get the chance to dance very often, I mix for a Ceilidh Band, Lyckerty Splyt an electric barn dance band great fun :lol:

Do let me know if you order some clogs. :)

Hi Dave

Unfortunately, Jeremy Atkinson will be away at craft shows for the next 3 weeks so I won't be able to visit him on Saturday. Later in the summer, perhaps. I'd love to see him at work.

I can't say I've ever encountered Lyckerty Splyt before but the band sounds intriguing. Do they have a website or a list of forthcoming gigs?

(My apologies to everyone else for taking this thread so far off-topic. Yet again.)

Yours

Gill

Latest posts

Back