The Midlands Woodworking Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my usual attire...
You should have stopped me and said Hello. Indeed, I was Groupied in the car park. A guy stopped me and said, "You don't know me, but I recognise you from Youtube". He shook my hand, smiled and walked off. I have no idea who he was, but my ego was given a boost (no making up your own jokes, please). Pete suggested I should have brought a supply of signed 10x8s...

Steve Maskery":16rlatuc said:
Were you the gentleman in the car park?

What are you trying to say about me?

I doubt it though. I was leaving as you were making your way along the front of the building.

To fezman who asked and I quote.

Dropped a clanger in forgetting to pick up a backgammon veneer from Sussex Wood Veneers. Do they have a website?? If anyone is going tomorrow, would you mind getting their contact details for me.

I was there yesterday and I did see a stand selling veneer but having looked at the show guide there is not a company called Sussex wood veneers and I can't work out who it may have been.

I went yesterday it was a 200 mile round trip for me but it has been a long time since I have been to a woodworking show and I thought I would give it a go.
I had a great day out no traffic problems either way, charnwood had some of my money, record power alhough I made it clear to them I would not spend with them that day were very helpful, the trend stand did quite well out of me but I think items I purchased were excellent value and the staff on the stand were helpful, I also purchased 2 handsaw blades from Beaverbrook one for my kity saw and one for my Inca saw both now fitted and I am well pleased.
I have to say that you guys who live a 100 miles north of me do understand what a sausage in a bap should be like I was expecting 1 sausage in a small roll but got 3 very tasty sausages in a large bap.
All in all a good day out for me.

So is it worth me going then? Last time I got some F clamps, a box of drill bits and a corner clamp. Is the stall with all those bits there this year? I don't know the name sorry
( could do with some welding clamps this year)

bourbon":3tc8isdl said:
So is it worth me going then? Last time I got some F clamps, a box of drill bits and a corner clamp. Is the stall with all those bits there this year? I don't know the name sorry
( could do with some welding clamps this year)

Thought it finished Saturday ?
Web says 22 - 23rd, no?

Had a great two days on the Dukeries Woodtuning Stand, turning loads of carrier bag handles, these where given away and in return asking each person to buy a ticket at the Air Ambulance raffle stand. We hope all of them did but have no way of knowing.

Good job I didn't set out then! I would have been on my own in an empty hall!! I couldn't get there yesterday as I as ripping floorboards up to find a loose wire in my lounge lights.

Back