The main man retires

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycktm

Established Member
Reaction score
Quote,

"He has taken over the world, end of story. Live with it. Accept it. It’s done.”
So said Sir Alan Sugar of Bill Gates on BBC 2’s The Money Programme last Friday night. 8)

I didnt see the programme, But i understand the Billions he has made will be used to help various situatons out around the world.

I bet the bullies who used to give Geeky Gates wedgies in the school playground wished they'd have been a bit nicer.

He could probably chuck Benjamins in an open fire and still make more money in interest quicker than he could burn em.

"With great wealth comes great responsibility". Quote from Bill Gates.

If only more people in the world had the same ethos.

Goog luck to the man. I hope he comes up with a cure for Aids, famine, global warming and all other ills to afflict the world. This might concentrate the minds of the leaders of the developed world to focus on the long term rather than the short term.

I was somewhat surprised to hear that he is no longer the richest man in the world - apparently some Mexican (I think) telecoms tycoon has taken over that mantle.

cheers

Karl

Yeah, got to admire the man haven't you? I was in awe of him when he stated he is going to give it all away to good causes around the world before his death! Alan Suger was right though he has taken over the world, good to him. :wink:

He already donates millions,and (much as though he can afford it),he gets my respect for the amount of good causes he supports without advertising the fact.

Andrew

Well my long lost brother :cry: i wish just same name

I saw the program as well
The one thing that got me was while every other company was out for a quick pound he went long term seeing the future.
Computers need an operating system so it all works, he gave away loads of stuff at next to nothing like to Alan Sugars company(Amstrad if i remember right) in his words he was only interested in the solid stuff keyboard screen etc.
Good luck to him and if anyone meets him tell him about his long lost brother in blighty

And the geeks shall inherit the earth lol

Officially Warren Buffet is the richest. Followed by the Mexican telecoms guy. But there are probably some politicians there that are keeping their wealth quiet. After all, our taxes must be going somewhere, the country is going to the dogs......

Now now Nick, I regularly get rebuked for making comments like that. :eek: :lol:

Rich,

Hmmmm, maybe we will just overlook some of MS's more 'dubious' past and present practices.... then again?

I heard somewhere that between the time that BG goes to bed (does he sleep :? ) and wakes up again next day, his personal fortune has increased by £4 million overnight :shock: - Rob

woodbloke":2rlh7w3z said:
I heard somewhere that between the time that BG goes to bed (does he sleep :? ) and wakes up again next day, his personal fortune has increased by £4 million overnight :shock: - Rob

Just worked out that based on my current savings, and a compound interest rate of 5% applied yearly I'd have to sleep for 148 years! :( :roll:

Back