The Elves of Broadstone...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunbarhamlin

Established Member
Reaction score
... are busy making hollows and rounds :D

hr13.jpg

Five pairs of Phillyplanes roughed out and word that the mortises are in genesis!

Hi, dunbarhamlin

I am planning a set my self I have the Making Traditional Side Escapement DVD (its very good) just need some beach where did you get yours from, did you get quarter sawn?

Pete

Hi, philly

Oops :oops:

so, same questions different person :lol:

Pete

Pete
I spend a lot of my time chasing down timber - quartered beech is very hard to find. All I can say is keep trying your local places and check through their stock as they get new deliveries to weed out the good planks.
Sorry,
Philly :D

Hi, Philly

I thought as much, I will have to keep looking.

Pete

Nope, no elves at my bench, just gremlins.
If it was my bench I think I'd be about 63 by the time I had a half set organised.
As it is, these will be a present from the tax man, bless his smouldering socks.

dunbarhamlin":355bp8m2 said:
If it was my bench I think I'd be about 63 by the time I had a half set organised.

You could do all that in 6 months Steve? Seems quick to me :whistle: :D :lol:

wizer":3ab7lag2 said:
You could do all that in 6 months Steve? Seems quick to me :whistle: :D :lol:
Oi!
Silver highlights are a sign of distinction not decrepitude :lol:
I haven't been 43 yet though only because I sort of forgot how old I was that year - oops

There are Elves at work at Keeper's Cottage too:

3313154901_01260ce41d.jpg

Just a bit of a teaser........

...........I'll start a new thread at the weekend when I have something more to show.

Mike

Mike Garnham":ifcqkoaq said:
There are Elves at work at Keeper's Cottage too:

3313154901_01260ce41d.jpg

Just a bit of a teaser........

...........I'll start a new thread at the weekend when I have something more to show.

Mike
Can't see pics at the mo' but I reckon this is Mike's first tottering step down the 'Slope' :lol: - Rob

The colour and shape leads me to believe its a corned beef sandwich with mayonnaise, but I think the clamps are a bit over the top.
:lol:
Cheers, Ed

I'm off out to have another go at it now.........it might be about as useful as a corned beef sandwich as it is my first attempt :?

Mike

There are elves on my workshop as well, or at least one ugly gnome :D

I'm not up to chiselling out the mortices for a set of hollows and rounds, so I did cut a few corners and made an infill profile plane. At least I could skip making the mortices, but don't know wether that metalwork was much easier in the end :wink:

Pekka

Back