That's me lot????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Well took delivery of all the Yew my tree surgeon had got :shock:
This apparently is all part of the same tree :shock: which was cut down about 18 months ago and as been left outside in all weathers for that time.
Surprisingly it is fairly dry,as the piece i turned last week proves.
So this lot should keep me going for a bit :D
Just gotta cut it all now to manageable sizes :roll:

Paul.J.

Don't know if I have been lucky or whether this is a general rule but so far I have fond that wood that has been wet tbecause it's 'green' has a tendency to split if not treated right but wood that has been dead for a while and is wet through rain etc dries out without splitting. Wood that I have picked up from the floor from the local woods has often been sodden but has dried on top of the range within a day or twowithout any problem. 18 months should be no problem.

Pete

Bodrighy wrote
Don't know if I have been lucky or whether this is a general rule but so far I have fond that wood that has been wet tbecause it's 'green' has a tendency to split if not treated right but wood that has been dead for a while and is wet through rain etc dries out without splitting. Wood that I have picked up from the floor from the local woods has often been sodden but has dried on top of the range within a day or twowithout any problem. 18 months should be no problem.

Yes Pete this was a concern.There are splits in the ends but when i cut the first lot up i had a few weeks back,these splits were just a couple of inches in,and the wood itself was quite dry,and turned lovely.
Can't wait to get at it :D
Paul.J.

Back