That Man Maskery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scouse

Established Member
Reaction score
So my new bandsaw was delivered last week and, since I've worked exclusively with hand tools for all of my career, it was a bit of a culture shock to find a chunk of iron the size of a fridge in the workshop.

I had an idea that the supplied instructions would be inadequate, and although I ordered the saw in December, delivery wasn't until January, so I got 'er indoors to buy me the 'Complete Bandsaw' set of DVD's from Workshop Essentials for Christmas.

So, I just wanted to say a big thank you to Steve Maskery for clear, concise and simple instructions on what to do to set it up and make it cut some wood, because in all honesty, I would still be staring at it scratching my head.

I can't recommend the DVD's enough; they dealt with the basics which was what I needed, but moved on to jigs and tips which I'm sure most would benefit from even if you know what you are doing.

So thanks Steve, from a complete machine novice.

Thank you, Scouse, that is very nice to hear.
Last week someone posted on my YouTube channel that I was the most irritating person on the planet, so this is a much more palatable opinion!
May I quote you on my website? All the other quotes are genuine, too, of course, but it's nice to have a selection to rotate. It keeps the search engines happy, if nothing else!
S

Steve Maskery":35ghe552 said:
May I quote you on my website? All the other quotes are genuine, too, of course, but it's nice to have a selection to rotate. It keeps the search engines happy, if nothing else!

Of course Steve, you quote away!

The DVD was a bit of a life saver to be honest, because although the saw looked OK when I had assembled it, it wasn't right even though I had followed all of the instructions and I was beginning to think it might be problem with the saw.

It was your simple but very effective fine tuning advice, especially with regard to drift, tracking and blade tension which has actually made it work better than I thought it would, do more jobs than I expected and given me a bit of piece of mind into the bargain.

You might want to work on the singing though!

Ellis.

marcros":11lgzf7d said:
what bandsaw did you go for in the end scouse?

I ended up with a 16 inch Jet from Axminster http://www.axminster.co.uk/jet-jet-jwbs ... rod576903/ ; it just seemed a bit less generic than others I had seen which seemed to be similar saws with different names. That and Axi had it on offer before Christmas! There's a bit of a story behind it which I'll put in a separate thread tonight if I get a minute.

Scouse":2rcu1wvo said:
The DVD was a bit of a life saver to be honest, because although the saw looked OK when I had assembled it, it wasn't right even though I had followed all of the instructions and I was beginning to think it might be problem with the saw.

It was your simple but very effective fine tuning advice, especially with regard to drift, tracking and blade tension which has actually made it work better than I thought it would, do more jobs than I expected and given me a bit of piece of mind into the bargain.

I don't know why firms like Axminster don't buy a lorry load of Steve's DVDs and give one away with each bandsaw they sell. I'm sure it would be good for their business and ensure that their customers got the most out of their bandsaws.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back