Thank goodness for flooding...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
My family all think I'm mad but I'm sure you guys will understand. A while back we had a flood in the kitchen, ruined the carpets, worktops warped, some of the cupboards ruined and wallpaper ruined. Just got the insurance cheque through to install a new kitchen... Yeah right.

It's a cheque to buy lots of wood and a ticket to a few months in the workshop building my own dream kitchen. Didn't like the old one anyway. Thank god my better half understands my need to spend hours on end covered in sawdust. lol.

Will post a blog on here if anyone's interested once the build starts, probably late January.

In the meantime does anyone have any innovative ideas for storage solutions? We're going for traditional dark wood style cabinets but want to incorporate all the best ideas and storage solutions. Look forward to hearing and seeing any ideas anyone has. M.

martlewis":22gnn2ld said:
Will post a blog on here if anyone's interested once the build starts, probably late January.

Oh yes we would! (In Christmas panto style.. :wink: )
Preferably with lots of pictures :D

Andrew

Thank goodness for flooding.. you have to be joking - I have sand bags around the front door and at the garage door and I also put them across the driveway if I know it is going to rain. The council might come and inspect the road drains this week! Ha Ha its Friday already so more than likely next week Barry

dn't know where you are, but isaac lord have some interesting stuff in their warehouse showroom, including the pull out full height metal
units, and some interesting corner units which come out like a coil spring.

point if you are installing the pull out larder type units remember to ensure
that you have room to instal the screws, last one i did was on a right hand wall and was a pita to screw up because of the screws being on the right hand side too.

also check out ikea they have some great ideas, and many are sold separately, worth the look.

look forward to the blog

paul :wink:

Back