Texture Tool 1st Go

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loz

Established Member
Reaction score
I treated myself to a crown spiraling and texturing tool, This is my first use on the top of a bowl, and in the centre

All the best
Loz

Attachments

• turn 001 (Small).jpg
    turn 001 (Small).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 803
  • turn 003 (Small).jpg
    turn 003 (Small).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 803
I like that bowl Loz The band sticks out well but cant make out the texturing sorry to be a little bit of a stick in the mud the shape does it justice also its well turned and finished nicely
Regards
Bill

Turn a spindle and practice on it at different speeds and angles Loz, you can get dozens of different effects with each wheel. It also works on face work as well though you need to be a bit more careful as the speed of the wood increases the further toward the rim you get. Very versatile tool. One of the few 'toys' I have and use regularly.

Pte

I wish I'd have known you were in the market for a spiral/texturing tool, I've got a sorby one I have hardly used(only done a couple of bowls and a box!) :lol:

Have fun with it, the spiralling you can do with these is pretty cool, one of the bowls I did I spiralled the whole inside. Nice bowl BTW 8)

Latest posts

Back