Tewkesbury Saw Co

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenf

Established Member
Reaction score
I see these people advertised and from their basic website with prices "t.b.a." I see they do various makers equipment and blades, including Freud. But I have never seen them mentioned in the Forum.

Has anyone here dealt with them? Is their service good? Are their prices reasonable? Has anyone visited their showroom?

Not planning a purchase imminently, but just generally interested as a future possible source in lieu of Axminster.

Regarding Axminster, is this an opportunity for Yandles to step up their game and gain customers? They do a good show, have good premises but the website and tool selection needs developing.

Hi Ken,

I've been to their showroom. It's quite impressive. Lots of machines (some very big) and more upstairs. All organised very well.

I bought an ex-display thicknesser from there a few years ago. Very very good price. Would have no problems buying from them again.

I think they act as a reseller for axminster (as almost all tool shops do now axminster own brimarc).

Dave

Hi Ken,

I went to their showroom at the weekend since they were hosting a Record Power (RP) demonstration event. I came away with a TS, BS, PT and an extractor all for a price that considerably under-cut both D&M and Jaymac, albeit with support from the RP promotion. Also, their very helpful salesman Andy threw in a 12" Freud TS blade worth £50 and a spare BS blade for free!

I have compromised access to my property but Andy agreed to hire a smaller delivery truck at reasonable cost to ease delivery.

They also offer training, machine maintenance and blade sharpening. As stated above, they have a good range of new/used machinery and all the tooling you could ever need.

I'll let you know how the delivery goes...

Cheers,
C

Tewkesbury Saw are a good outfit. They welcome everyone from industrial customers to Joe Average. They offer a decent price sharpening service. Highly recommended.

I had my delivery from TSC last week - they could have done better. They didn't use any straps to restrain my goods in the van! I could hear the tools slamming against the sides as the van struggled up my driveway.

Delivery driver was quite helpful but would have struggled on his own if I wasn't around to help.

When I have time to unpack everything I post some pictures just for you Olly! SWMBO says no tool play until I finish the planning application.... :(

Cheers,
C

Tewkesbury saw was our preferred source for all saw and tool sharpening that we could not do economically in house, never had a complaint on service or quality and presumably as they were subject to tender rules cost competitive.
The couple of times I have visited to obtain personal spares they have been helpful with recommendations and prices on displayed equipment was competitive.

Back