Tempest in chestnut burr

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Not been very active here or anywhere on the various forums I visit just had a spell of not wanting to get out to the shed well I managed to kick that habit and turn a pen to start with and then start to paint some turned soldier nut crackers still need finishing but getting close.

Anyway here is the Tempest pen in a chestnut burr finished with chestnut Cellulose sander sealer and Melamine lacquer. I have gone off using CA as a finish as it effects me terribly.

DSCF8664 - Copy (1024x521).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8664 - Copy (1024x521).jpg
    DSCF8664 - Copy (1024x521).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 834
I really like that - especially the contrast between the lighter wood and the darker fittings. Most of the ones I've seen are the other way round.

It would be nice to see the nutcrackers too.

Best wishes

Brian

Thank you both .

Rockford":gcsdiyb1 said:
I really like that - especially the contrast between the lighter wood and the darker fittings. Most of the ones I've seen are the other way round.

It would be nice to see the nutcrackers too.

Best wishes

Brian

Thank you the nutcrackers are being assembled at the moment but still a little more painting and some turned items for them to hold. But will post when complete.

Inspector":gcsdiyb1 said:
Nice pen. What do you think of the clicker mechanism?

Pete

So far the mechanism feels good better than some of the cheaper kits around but I have only had a couple of days to use it

Latest posts

Back