Television adverts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":2u6vtv0g said:
According to Henry Ford, everyone knows that 50% of the money spent on advertising is wasted, but nobody knows which 50%.

Not Henry Ford - John Wanamaker (1838-1922), but even that attribution isn't certain.

BugBear

lurker":3pcfhb8b said:
Watching daytime TV tells you:

Most women over the age of 30 are always wetting themselves.
People are either bunged up and need a laxative. or have the trots and need whatever you call the opposite*.

edit: *Costive according to mr. google

Wiltshire Farm Foods? :lol:

I take the point about stupid or outrageous advertisements being successful in that they get noticed, but as one member posted - would it encourage you to buy it? Regarding the loo paper, I can't even remember the brand name. Sometimes the adverts are so annoying they actually create an aversion to the brand in me.

K

I like to think me and the better half are not influenced by adds but it's clearly not true. On a long drive recently my OH said she wanted to change her car and what did I think of Volvo's. Cant say it's car that takes my fancy but could see nothing wrong with them. Looked at the various models and shapes on the long drive and reckoned the V50 was about right size. Anyway within a few days had got a SH Volvo V50. I was a bit surprised at my OH somewhat hasty change from a very good little Fiesta. Couple nights later we get back to watching a box set of House MD on Sky which we had been going through for some weeks. Guess who it was sponsored by? Yep Volvo. My OH was bit embarrassed when we both realised where the idea came from but at least the car seems pretty good but no doubt the advertising had influenced the decision.

Well after seeing the advert again I have decided that next time I take a dump I want to feel as clean as a squeaky whistle. Still not sure what to buy though.

K

Thankfully I very rarely see TV ads as to view TV in any type of good quality I need to download the program,,, with No ads. I can get streaming UK TV but I usually only ever use that for the 6 nations.
D

Surely the Aristocracy don't have 'monthly problems'?

Hell? More fun, when do I leave?

Back