Tapatalk tapatalk tapatalk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ColeyS1":1jfjj3j7 said:
phones autocorrect mistakes
Phones don't make mistakes, users do. It's easy enough to check a post before posting.
You might also consider the extra spam added by these apps adds unnecessary clutter to posts that makes it harder to read on small screens.

It's spam.

The purpose of tapatalk is speed and convenience. If I have two minutes spare, I'll read a thread,post, and get back to work. I prefer to post the odd few mistakes rather than not post anything cause I'm reading and rereading replies.

Coley

I like this thread, it shows how so many have never grown out of the playground.
There will be some "yah boo sucks" along any minute now.

But seriously, yes, I take care and re-read my posts to correct spelling mistakes because thats what I was taught to do.

As you can probably tell I use tapatalk. I think it's fab. I use several forums and it's easy to swap between etc. It's also brilliantly quick for posting photos.

I never thought of the signature as annoying I thought it might be helpful to people. It's how I found out about the app. I now use it nearly 100% of the time. As for posting that it's coming from an iPhone 6 - who cares? A huge amount of people have iPhones it's hardly bragging. I use an iPhone because I like it not because I think it makes me look cool. It's not like people who drive Ferraris!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it because sometimes I'm browsing the forum on my phone rather than taking my laptop with me on the bus, in to the shed, or putting it on my knee while I'm sat on the sofa. It's not because I want to brag about my phone; in any case, Tapatalk seems to put some kind of generic serial number on my posts rather than the actual marketing name of my phone.

I didn't care enough to even look at changing the defaults before now. The 'spam' at the bottom is the app advertising itself, which I think it probably has a right to do. I much prefer a little signature at the bottom of a post rather than a pop up or a flashing gif on the side of the website.

What is this tapatalk Ive never heard of it.

Sent from my Amstrad CPC 464 computer using a Keyboard

sunnybob":6gqgxa2w said:
But seriously, yes, I take care and re-read my posts to correct spelling mistakes because thats what I was taught to do.

ccc4ddeab72bcbcc32ca3f139683ddb7.jpg

Ha ha, you been caught with your pants down !!!!! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] one of us, one of us, one of us ;)

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Coley.... HUH?

I've heard of cross dressing, but cross threading?

And at the risk of repeating myself, HUH?

He's referring to the typos you made in another thread after stating you check your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunnybob":gofgof6w said:
They must be goodun's. I cant find them.
That's kind of my point. The odd typo makes no difference at all so longs the contents there ;)

Coley

ahhh, well spotted young coley, take two house marks and the rest of the day off. (g)

But the point has been missed (again). I TRY to correct every mistake. Cant claim perfect, but can claim to try. To just not care if a mistake is made is so letting yourself down, and showing your disdain for others.
And yes, I'm truly madly deeply against text speak. UOKM8?

Don't feel like you've let yourself down Bob just because you've mispelt something. It's really not that big a deal. It shows you care by every message you post, typos show you're human and..... One of us, one of us, one of us !

Coley

Coley, truly, I am smiling, no, honestly.

Yeah, I try. Trouble is the older i get the harder I have to try.

Sometimes it takes me an hour to type en email, and I often wonder why I bother so much, but you cant change what you are (lol) My wife touch types, breaks my heart to see the speed she goes, my two index fingers and one thumb are no match for her.
Oh, and if you voted to leave, then I am DEFINITELY NOT one of you.

Latest posts

Back