Tapatalk tapatalk tapatalk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggrajag

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just had a birthday it's probably my age, but is it only me that gets fed up of reading "Sent from my xxxxx using Tapatalk" several hundred times a day.

Grumble over. As you were :D

I never know if it's just trying to promote Taptalk (admittedly useful software) or tell the world 'I've got a bigger or better phone than you'

Either way it's wasted on me, I ain't got a clue about 'phone models and only use one to access the web on rare occasions so bumble along with what I've got.

It's the default signature within the app. No bragging, just free advertising for Tapatalk I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just filter it out, why not extend your grumbling to others who have signatures.

Smiley face so as to be clear I am joshing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually tried Tapatalk yesterday. Normally I use the "View Unread Messages" view in Chrome on my home or work PC and that works fine but I figured that it might be better for my phone so I downloaded it, created an account, added UK Workshop but I'll be blowed if I could work out how to view the forum - all I got was a seemingly infinite list of blogs I wasn't interested in.

Well said that man.
You pushed me into deleting my signature, which had started to annoy me anyway.
Sayings and quotes (and adverts) get old very quickly.

Aggrajag":8ovlrz0r said:
I actually tried Tapatalk yesterday. Normally I use the "View Unread Messages" view in Chrome on my home or work PC and that works fine but I figured that it might be better for my phone so I downloaded it, created an account, added UK Workshop but I'll be blowed if I could work out how to view the forum - all I got was a seemingly infinite list of blogs I wasn't interested in.

Once you get your head around it there isn't a better way of browsing most forums with a smartphone or tablet than using Tapatalk. Used to be a paid for app or a freebie, they seem to have gone the model of subscription to remove the adverts nowadays.

Sent from my desk as I'm back home now, just in case you were interested - just clarifying that I haven't bothered to switch off the default signature.

All Forum members have the option to apply blanket filter options regarding display of attachments and member profile additions such as avatars and signatures within their individual profiles.

disp-opt.jpg

Unfortunately there is no way to tailor these display options to selectively apply them dependant upon the viewing platform such as those where display real estate is at a premium.

And they can't of course do anything about unnecessary automated addendums to the text messages themselves.

Attachments

• disp-opt.jpg
    disp-opt.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 753
Aggrajag":2zq6dm5e said:
Having just had a birthday it's probably my age, but is it only me that gets fed up of reading "Sent from my xxxxx using Tapatalk" several hundred times a day.
Yes it's annoying.
On the other hand, it also provides a good indication of those that either don't care about what they post, are too lazy to change the defaults or aren't capable of working out how to change the defaults.
It never reflects well on the posters.

Rhossydd":dws3iw1x said:
Aggrajag":dws3iw1x said:
Yes it's annoying.
On the other hand, it also provides a good indication of those that either don't care about what they post, are too lazy to change the defaults or aren't capable of working out how to change the defaults.
Wow, how very unpleasant you appear to be.

Tapatalk - great App and wouldn't be with out it.
Learn to use it properly before you start moaning about it!

Rhossydd":29bzhrb7 said:
On the other hand, it also provides a good indication of those that either don't care about what they post, .
That's hilarious and rich coming from you !!!!!! Didn't you just start a thread spreading untrue gossip ? That could have a serious negative effect on somebody's livelihood ! Perhaps you should take more "care about what they (ie you) post "

You seem to have skimmed over the fact that you made a massive balls up, spread untrue gossip then tried to justify your balls up by saying they should participate more. Get your facts straight first my friend before you spread rumours- most people were taught that at playschool ;)

Coley

Rhossydd":3493b0s4 said:
Aggrajag":3493b0s4 said:
Yes it's annoying.

I nominate this for 'Most Patronising Post of 2016'

Well the junk TapaTalk and other phone apps add to posts is basically spam. Do you like getting spammed like that ?

For me it shows that the user is posting using a small screen to view threads. I'd like to think this makes people a little more understanding to phones autocorrect mistakes or perhaps not being able to view a picture on a 19 inch monitor.

Coley

Latest posts

Back