Tacwise Master Nailer 400 ELS Pro shoots on trigger only

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quintain

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just realised my infrequently used Tacwise Master Nailer 400 ELS Pro shoots a nail by trigger action only without the "tip" being depressed.
I cannot see any switch on the nailer to select either trigger or tip.
I have failed on google to find any information.
Is there some way I can set it to shoot only when the tip is pushed in.

BTW 1: it was a good friend in my workshop who discovered the trigger only shoot
BTW 2: the nailer was worked on by another friend (electronics guy) who got the nailer working when it refuse to do so some 6 months ago.

(Hopefully) thanks in advance

Best regards
Richard

I don’t have this nailer but do you have the manual- there are plenty of these tools available so it should be fairly easy to obtain one if you don’t have it .looking at the cost of these new I’d imagine replacing it would be cheaper than a repair. Failing that as you are aware of this potential fault then use via the trigger and label the unit as faulty if anyone else has access to your. workshop-in use keep your trigger finger away from the trigger- sorry I can’t help you more..

Ive the 181EL pro, and the trigger is hell. Unless you pull it in a positive manner it rapid fires. End up with 6 pins in the job, with the nightmare that brings.
When I first heard the gun firing on the A-10 warthog, I thought, hey that sounds just like my nailer :LOL:

Something about the triggers on the Tacwise, they always seem to be a bit twitchy.

Bingy man
Thank you, I am generally very careful who is allowed to handle tools in my workshop but on this occasion I was grateful to find out about the problem.

I have contacted Tacwise they appear to be able to help me next week.
I will keep this forum updated.
Again thank you for trying to help.

Ive the 181EL pro, and the trigger is hell. Unless you pull it in a positive manner it rapid fires. End up with 6 pins in the job, with the nightmare that brings.
When I first heard the gun firing on the A-10 warthog, I thought, hey that sounds just like my nailer :LOL:

Something about the triggers on the Tacwise, they always seem to be a bit twitchy.
Thank you Triton
Please see my reply to Bingy man
Again thank you.

Back