Table saw router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whittler1507

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys have lurked for ages and wanted to get rid of my router table and build it as a wing onto my table saw (a Charnwood w650) my problem was its on a mobile base and I needed it till to be mobile. also I could afford the floor pace additional support legs would take up so came up with this idea. A bit quick n dirty I agree but it's worked really well and hasn't sagged or dropped at all.

f7e80237d9bd9534d949e3225da3b1ff.jpg

Basically the router table supports are braced in the mobile base.

Looks pretty good to me as well =D>

Interesting for me as as I'm very close to doing something similar except my idea was to make the supports out of speedframe square tube.
I actually bought a table and just waiting now for my router raiser lift and extension collet to arrive from Peter Seften. the table and fence are good and fit exactly between the fence rails of my SIP 01332 which is also on a mobile base, so it's going in as soon as I find time.

Thanks for posting, it may make me re-think the supports on mine.

Bob

I used a piece of angle iron to support the router table and level it, I also needed to keep access to the dust extraction for the TS. I'd hung a bag inside the TS Cabinate to catch the dust that falls to the floor, and had jury rigged dust extraction to empty the bag.

My first thought was to hinge the table to drop down but have dismissed that as I'd rather store it away so I want to be able to easily detach the router table from the saw when not in use and that may well be just some screw type bolts with nuts and then easily removed support props which would need to be adjustable slightly. Got some ideas which should work.

Bob

Good luck Bob, it would be good to see what you come up with. am going to be redoing my setup in the new year.

whittler1507":23ma2sjv said:
Good luck Bob, it would be good to see what you come up with. am going to be redoing my setup in the new year.

If I get some time, (retirement is bloody hard work :lol: ) I hope to do it over the Christmas. MIL is staying for a few days so I'll be looking to hide in the workshop as often as possible :wink: ).

Will post pics if I manage it.

Lons":3t30ik56 said:

Interesting for me as as I'm very close to doing something similar except my idea was to make the supports out of speedframe square tube.
I actually bought a table and just waiting now for my router raiser lift and extension collet to arrive from Peter Seften. the table and fence are good and fit exactly between the fence rails of my SIP 01332 which is also on a mobile base, so it's going in as soon as I find time.

Bob

I have same saw as yours but badged iTech 01332. Did consider incorporating the router table in the saw but sod's law being what it is, sometimes need to use the saw when the router is set up. So decided on a Norm type router cabinet but a bit lower than usual so it wheels under the saw fence rails when not in use. I binned the home made lift when the old router burned out and bought a Triton MOF001 which has the lift built in, works a treat with Incra plate.

Graham.

GrahamF":1py0n89l said:
Lons":1py0n89l said:

Bob

I have same saw as yours but badged iTech 01332. Did consider incorporating the router table in the saw but sod's law being what it is, sometimes need to use the saw when the router is set up. So decided on a Norm type router cabinet but a bit lower than usual so it wheels under the saw fence rails when not in use. I binned the home made lift when the old router burned out and bought a Triton MOF001 which has the lift built in, works a treat with Incra plate.

Graham.
That's a fair point Graham as you wouldn't want to move the fence, not sure it would bother me as I always dimension everything first. Sods law means it'll happen though (hammer)
I'm still waiting for the router raizer lift to be delivered, I already have 3 routers including a DeWalt 625 so can't justify another.

Has your saw got the sliding table? Mine hasn't.

Lons":2efcak9c said:

No, couldn't justify the extra cost and also short of room for it. I suspect it's far less accurate than a sled anyway so I cut large sheets with hand circular saw and plywood rail/track. My use is only hobby.

Graham.

GrahamF":cgwpmz8x said:
Lons":cgwpmz8x said:

No, couldn't justify the extra cost and also short of room for it. I suspect it's far less accurate than a sled anyway so I cut large sheets with hand circular saw and plywood rail/track. My use is only hobby.

Graham.

yep same here, I've looked a few times but no way at the best part of £500

Back