Table saw help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smouser

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have acquired a "new" saw for myself last week for what I think was a good deal.
It is a Startrite Ta 1250 model. It's got a max depth of cut of 100mm which helps me out cutting railway sleepers.
I have managed to find a manual online but I am looking for a bit more info as there is a few parts missing.

First a couple of photos of the saw itself:

It looks like the saw also came with a sliding table (or part thereof) on the side of the table there is brackets, see photo below

this is the sliding bar it came with from all angles:

I cant seem to work out how it gets attached, I have a suspicion there is some parts missing. Does anybody else have the same saw or have some pictures they can show me?
Also the sliding bar got these electrical cables on it:

What are they for?

Any help appreciated
Thanks

The download from Daltons should answer all your questions. However I used to have just this machine. The long round bar fits onto the brackets you have circled, a sliding table fits onto the bar supported by an outrigger. The wiring is to allow the on/off switch unit to be moved from the machine body to the end of the bar.

Machine looks in good nick, pity about the missing parts.

Chris

Thank you for the reply. I did manage to fit the long bar. I am missing the outrigger and the sliding table. From photos I have found online it looks like a simple job to make a sliding table. The photos I have seen of the table looks like box section metal welded into "squares". The outrigger might be a little harder to make.

Thanx for the info on the switch.

I don't know the whole history of the saw but I bought it from a printing company. He only used it to cut inserts for his old printers. Prior to that it belonged to a cabinet maker that was located next to the printing company. When the cabinet maker went out of business the printing company got it from him. It had very little and light use the last few years.

Back