Table saw fence upgrade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rknott2007

Established Member
Reaction score
After soon realising the fence that came with my sip table saw wasn't up to scratch, i brought a scheppach fence system and fitted it to my saw, having used that for several years I really wanted a more solid fence.

After contemplating order a biesmeyer fence from the states I thought I'd make one so here is what I came up with.

It is made mainly of box section alluminium and alluminium angle, with a toggle clamp to lock it down. and a long section of 25mm thick solid uhmw plastic.

Its fully adjustable for cutting parrallel and square to the table with small grub screws tapped into to .

016.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

The fence can pull back into any position for safe ripping, the tall fence and 25mm thickness makes it great for jigs and fixtures. Including to ulitmate table saw tennon jig.

I.m very pleased with how the fence works There is perhaps 2mm deflection if i push hard if the fence pushed as far forward as it will go (about 900mm).

The only thing I'd change if i were to remake it would be to use steel box section rather than alluminium for a bit more heft and so push sticks and the adjustment allen key could be attatched with magnets.

wow that's very nice. This is something I considered doing to my TS200, but for now the Axi Bandsaw fence works fine.

Well done! :)

Very, very excellent, Rob. And thanks for the plug! :)

It just goes to show how, with a bit of thought and a few hours work, something which is OK but somehow less than satisfying can be transformed into an excellent tool.

Great stuff.

Cheers
Steve

Back