Table saw conundrum....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Maskery":3o5tavus said:
Dave
The Xcalibur is a new model now. If you do order, make sure that you ask for the new one. I don't know if Roy has any old ones left, but the new ones have the switch on the left and the blade tilts left too. So all the fantastic build quality of the old but with modern design for these features.

S

why is left blade tilt better? I have often wanted that with my Scheppach, as using the rip fence with right tilt traps the wood under, however this was one benefit i saw of the rip fence that comes with the X being double sided, you can choose the safest route...

Also if there is a new one, I might get an old one for a good discount ;-)

Depends if any other benefits...

Any way to see this model? this has always frustrated me a bit about the woodford site, no pictures...

wcndave":3kx9ngfj said:
why is left blade tilt better? I have often wanted that with my Scheppach, as using the rip fence with right tilt traps the wood under, however this was one benefit i saw of the rip fence that comes with the X being double sided, you can choose the safest route...

You've answered your own question, Dave. Left tilt doesn't trap the wood. Although, as you point out, you can put the fence on theleft (which is what I do for bevel cuts).
Also if there is a new one, I might get an old one for a good discount ;-)
There is no harm in asking.

Any way to see this model? this has always frustrated me a bit about the woodford site, no pictures...
Erm, not as far as I am aware. But I have seen a photo, it looks good.
S

Latest posts

Back