Table saw blade judder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmer

a right member
Reaction score
and advice on where to start with stopping blade judder on my table saw?
its a Lurem c210b combination macine with belt drive from 3 phase motor.

lots of things i ican think of but benefit of past experience or usual culprit would be great
thanks

ok yes, when spinning freely, and therefore when i cut as well, tho not too badly while cutting as the riving knife holds piece nice and steady against the fence. it's not a good clean cut though.
i'd say it's a wobble causing the whole machine to judder.
as if spindle of blade assembly is a bit bent - one thing to check of course.

There is a good chance the belts have hardened through coming to rest in the same position everytime.
You could take them off and lay it on the table and it should naturally form a circle.

Possibly quite cheap to replace with cogged belts (google for pictures)

With the belts off, grab the arbour and see if there is any play whatsoever with either axially or radially. If there is I might be adjustable or simply a case of replacing bearings - again quite cheap provided you don't try and buy them as manufacturers spares where they will be extortionately priced.

There are lots of potential culprits, I would add thin kerf blades they can 'flutter' sideways as you cut (they are less rigid than full-fat blades)
Matt

Back