Table saw advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchip11

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Could anyone please reccomennd a table saw in the 300-500 pound bracket that is suitable accuracy wise for furniture making please.

Regards

Mick

I would highly recommend the startrite DS275. You will find many people stating that it has rather a small motor, however I have cut seasoned oak 4" thick without it missing a beat. It's often overlooked and has the advantage that the fence can be extended with screw in rods. The sliding table can also be extended with an additional screw in rod.

There is a version without the slding table, but since it codes down very neatly it makes a great addition.
The only issue I have found with it is that the dust extraction is not brilliant. The saw dust tends to collect on a sloped metal plate under the blade that is designed to let the saw dust slude down to a side exit where you can attach a home made dust collector. For industrial use, I would say that this is a real issue and would give the saw amiss. But for hobby use, or light trade it's not a real problem.

Startrite spares was sold off, but you can still get all of the genuine parts for this saw should the need arise. Built extremely well with solid castings.

Latest posts

Back