Table for a nail technician

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Gent

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

A family member is starting a business as a nail technician and I want to make her a nice table. The surface would need to resist nail polish remover and all other chemicals that are used. I was planning on cutting a logo and patterns into the table with poured coloured epoxy. I was wondering what options might exist to finish the table that would stand up to acetone and the like.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

A granite insert would do the trick.
I do not know of any finish that would resist acetone"attack" over a prolonged time - including epoxy.

My sister bought one for her daughter to start her nail business (never happened). From what I remember it didn't have any special surface for the worktop but it did have a vacuum system to extract the dust in the form of a fine mesh grill in the middle.

I don't want to dampen your idea but.

Quite alot of nail places seem to have an aesthetic. Have you checked they would actually like one and whether they had plans for their decor? its a lovely gift idea but i would want to make sure it wasn't a bit of a millstone for the recipient.

Back