T Track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all Im really struggling to find a supplier other than Rutlands for T Track Nuts
http://rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/DKL29
Rutlands want £6.95 plus £6.95 P&P for 2
Im interested to know what people have done to get round this. Anybody made any home made ones and if so how . I have phoned numerous Shops and no luck. Only thing I can come up with is to make them out of wood. Before I do this I thought id ask the question.
Cheers in advance Andy

I have phoned
Axminster
Tilgear
Roger at Workshop Heaven is waiting for some to come back to him. But again £2.95 each nut and no Knob.
Bri Marc
and various other companies.

If there was enough call for these I could set up to make some to fit 3/4" track, drilled & tapped M6 say 50mm long.
I think I could do a pair for somewhere around £2.50 to 2.95 delivered.

Wing screw knobs in M6 for studding or knobs with 40mm stud seem to be around £1.50 each from a quick google.

As I am new round here I dont know but there is possibly a member with better facilities than me who can mill some blanks for members to drill and tap as they wish.
They possibly already have the alloy in stock, where I would have to order it in and set up to mill its profile.

After a bit more research I came across a post at lumberjocks they mention Brass toilet flange bolts which are easily grinded down to fit. Anybody know if we can get them over here have searched the web and cant find them basically they are a threaded bar with a rectangle thin head cheers Andy

I just realised I gave you the same answer you had, sorry :oops:

Flange bolts are available I brought a couple about a month ago. Not sure where probably either plumbase, B$Q or Wickes.

You can also get flange nuts which might works as well.

john

I have that track runner, 4 of them in fact. They are fine for fences on table tops but no good if you intend to make your own mitre gauge or sled, to much play in the things.

Hi Andy
I've just received a small supply of these:

flangenut.jpg

If they go well I'll buy a larger quantity, but I don't want to be stuck with 5000 if they don't sell!

Any use?
Steve

what thread size are these (M10??) and what are the dimensions of the collar and actual T slot bit?

Many thanks

Miles

ah ha, sorry I missed the link, I don't usually bother with items in sig lines as they tend to be non specific - thanks for posting the info anyway.

You don't have any M10 nuts in your linked page - can you get them?

Miles

andypo":12moyq1e said:
Hi all Im really struggling to find a supplier other than Rutlands for T Track Nuts
http://rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/DKL29
Rutlands want £6.95 plus £6.95 P&P for 2
Im interested to know what people have done to get round this. Anybody made any home made ones and if so how . I have phoned numerous Shops and no luck. Only thing I can come up with is to make them out of wood. Before I do this I thought id ask the question.
Cheers in advance Andy

Some in Oz have found a supply of sail track that fills the bill.

If it helps people out, I can make tee nuts to your dimensions and thread requirements.
ISO metric coarse, BSF, BSW, UNF, UNC, etc.

I'll need full section dimensions of your track

Width at the widest point
Width of the narrow part
Flange thickness
Total depth of the slot from table surface to bottom.

I will reduce the dimensions by a small amount to give a working clearance

These will be made to order, machined from steel

Minimum order for each size 4 nuts

PM your dimensions and thread choice for a price.

N.B. Steve's ready made items will be cheaper but if you need specials I can help.

Bob

Back