T track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFrench

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where to get sensibly priced T track from? Rutlands are out of of stock and everywhere else I can find it is hideously expensive for what is just a simple aluminium extrusion.

I got some 24" lengths from banggood.com for £8.10 a pop. I think they're shut down for chinese new year at the mo but I could be wrong.

It's bigger all round than the usual stuff (1/2" deep 1 3/16 wide) and I couldn't find ant commercial nuts for it but I routed some out of aluminium flat bar myself and that was me sorted.

http://www.banggood.com/24-Inch-600...-For-Router-Table-p-1063741.html?rmmds=search

Col.

Thanks Col, I might get some of that. The rutlands stuff is £30ish for 16ft of it Mike, makes the incra stuff look very expensive. I'm not fussed about what fancy colour they've anodised it, I just need it to work! Got quite a few projects I need it for so economy matters!

I am even cheaper for even longer lengths of T track, but unfortunately just like Rutland's I have been out of stock since November. #-o

Mike

The incra track info says it takes standard 1/4-20 Hex Bolts. Can we get the equivalent nuts and bolts to fit in the UK?

Thanks Mike, but I've never used t track before so not clear on what's required, especially with the differences between imperial/metric. Do metric knobs and threaded bar (which I'm guessing I'd need) fit these oval nuts?

No they are 1/4" x 20 pitch thread which if I remember correctly is UNF or could be old UK BSP, you can buy 1/4" bolts on e-bay in all sorts of guises including small height head which are sometimes needed, I needed some to attach the JessEm saw guide track, the other alternative is to re-thread them to M5, or indeed get hold of some 4mm steel bar, drill and tap M5 and cut off at the right width.

Mike

Keep an eye out for any old Ambulances in the breakers yard they have t-track fitted on the celings to hold bags of fluids been using it for years

Thanks Bodgers. Shame you have to buy an expensive kit if you want the ukj t track bolts.

pike":tuwozv9u said:
Thanks Bodgers. Shame you have to buy an expensive kit if you want the ukj t track bolts.

And all threaded 1/4" Whitworth. :roll:

Mike

pike":3flrwuhf said:
The incra track info says it takes standard 1/4-20 Hex Bolts. Can we get the equivalent nuts and bolts to fit in the UK?

Metric coach bolts with flats ground on 2 edges work well and plenty of suitable knobs available on-line or Axminster.

MikeJhn":2ntc77lc said:
I am even cheaper for even longer lengths of T track, but unfortunately just like Rutland's I have been out of stock since November. #-o

Mike

I just emailed Rutlands, they said next stock of 1/2" t track will be in April..!

I want/need some in now, and approx 2 x 3m lengths to put around my bench & extension tables.

Its amazing how hard it is to find this stuff (at a decent price).

cheers

simon

I'm going to have to get onto our ally suppliers to see if they get get it in bulk. Surely it can't be that hard, it's just an extrusion!

If I knew then what I know now, I would get all metric T track and bolts and make my own tables and jigs, the imperial/metric interface is a pain in the proverbial, perhaps Trump will sort out the antiquated manufacturing industry in the US. (hammer) :roll: :wink:

Mike

pike":125d954n said:

I bought some Incra track because I couldn't get any anywhere else. I use standard 6mm bolts bought from Screwfix with 6mm star knobs. Admittedly, mostly for securing things in place (for which they track works great with Festool clamps) rather than sliding along

Back