Sycamore wall hanging.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loz":3vi6awez said:
.......Are these flush or recessed ? they look a bit wobbly on the close up.

Routed out ( the straight ones ), and turned out the round ones, would look lovely before colouring black, then would be very crisp and true, and be more of a border.....

Loz the border lines are carved in with a 'v' chisel not drawn on,the round part is turned ,they are then painted in to give a blacker outline/border. If they were routed out the lines would be dead straight but that IMHO would look too machine made rather than hand made art and take something away from the piece, if you see what I mean :?

JT

johnny.t.":2u0cpz54 said:
Loz the border lines are carved in with a 'v' chisel not drawn on,the round part is turned ,they are then painted in to give a blacker outline/border. If they were routed out the lines would be dead straight but that IMHO would look too machine made rather than hand made art and take something away from the piece, if you see what I mean :?

JT

Hiya,

Sure - I understand, just thought that a crisp line would be a nicer border to a textured / coloured area. Maybe an idea for a future piece ?

Like I said though - its hard for us all to see the true piece no matter how good photos are, and the proof will be the buyers cash. I'm sure its wont be on display in gallery very long !!!!

I might have to buy a piece off you before you get too famous and expensive !!!!

Sorry, I have to add my "WOW!" here too, great artistic creation, which makes me think I must try harder...! :)

Back