Ash, Sycamore and Elm.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
Three bowls, two in Ash, one in Sycamore, all coloured with a similar scheme (the main reason being, this scheme seems to work rather well and I have been making the most of the opportunity to get to better grips with the process)

For any who may have taken the time to watch part 2 of the Holly bowl video, the first two bowls are the ones I failed to get in shot at the end.

Also an Elm Wall Hanging, I found this ridiculously beat up lump of half rotted, knotty old timber under the workbench, I have no idea where I got it from or how long It had been there, it looked like it would be impossible to mount on the lathe, but I managed in the end by screwing it to a faceplate. This sort of worked, but during the whole process of fining it down and remounting it with expanding jaws it flew off the lathe 5 times, I was properly kitted out though and it was not turning overly fast. The end result seems to have justified the effort though.

Small Ash Bowl

Small+Ash+Bowl+colour-1.jpg

Small+Ash+Bowl+colour-3.jpg

Small+Ash+Bowl+colour-4.jpg

Small Sycamore

Sycamore+Bead-1.jpg

Sycamore+Bead-2.jpg

Sycamore+Bead-3.jpg

Sycamore+Bead-5.jpg

Another small Ash Bowl with a ripple textured finish.

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

R3-Base.jpg

R4-internal.jpg

Finally the Elm Piece. (yes, I managed to resist colouring it! :) )

Wall+Hanging2.jpg

Wall+Hanging.jpg

Searches online for flak jackets and similar!!!! :O :O :)

That's some real stunning pieces as usual i love to see your work the elm does A lot For me Again well done =D>
Regards
Bill

Thanks Steve & Bill :)

I wasn't tempted to colour the Elm of course, I like nice looking grain and natural wood too! (Black Lacquer eh Bob, Hmm, I must find something it would suit now!)

Back