STRUCTURAL MEASURE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horst Hohoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Horst Hohoff: Bowl Rowan 21,5 x 9 cm

Strukturmassnahme1.jpg

Strukturmassnahme2.jpg
Strukturmassnahme3.jpg

Very nice,as always - how did you texture the outside ? (as it seems to follow the grain)

Andrew

Horst,
That is really beautiful - a real standout piece. I too would like to know how you achieved the textured finish.

I love the way the texturing follows the line of the grain in the side you show.

Hello,
First of all thanks to everybody for the compliments.
I did the structuring with the Sorby Texturing and Spiralling Tool,
using the texturing wheel at a fairly low speed ( around 250 rpm ).

Lovely proportions and finish Horst, how do you find the finish on the textured area? is it sharply defined or does it tend to result in loose/lifted fibres.

Hi Chas,
Still have to tell you about the finish in the textured area. The tool is neither cutting nor scraping, but produces indentations in the woodsurface. Due to this the finish is rather good. You get the odd broken fibre standing up, but some very slight sanding with a fine grit takes care of this.
This is correct for hardwoods; I havn't tried it on softwoods.

Horst Hohoff":1o4ir9we said:
Hi Chas,
Still have to tell you about the finish in the textured area. The tool is neither cutting nor scraping, but produces indentations in the woodsurface. Due to this the finish is rather good. You get the odd broken fibre standing up, but some very slight sanding with a fine grit takes care of this.
This is correct for hardwoods; I havn't tried it on softwoods.

Thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back