Stripping

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWF

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been asked if I would give a beech dining table some TLC. There are number of scratches and dents in the finish.
Can anyone help with the stripping of, what I believe to be, a sprayed acrylic/cellulose finish? Will Nitormores (or its equivalent) do the job or do I need something stronger?

Thanking you in anticipation.
John

Yellow tin Nitromors is the best out there :wink: and if your going to strip a large area like a dining table coat it 2-3 times and then lay a plastic sheet on top :wink: that slows down the evaporation and the Nitromors will lift the finish a lot easier, after removing the finish any finish left on apply another coat of Nitromors and remove it with 4grade wire wool wash down with white spirit and when dry a light sand nd it will be ready to start your refinishing

Yellowbelly

Thank you your reply, looks like the way to go. What is the difference between the Green, Brown and Yellow tins? They all seem to say the same things on the "instructions"

John

Yellow is the original Craftsman Stripper
The Green is water washable, does nt seem to sting as much on your skin, and IMHO usually takes longer to remove the surface

Latest posts

Back