stops/catches for inset doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlowry_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
What are the normal methods for stopping inset doors when using sprung Blum hinges like these?

http://www.woodfit.com/product_info...039;+Screw-on+Profile+Hinge+Inset+Door+Sprung

I'm thinking either:

1/ thin fillet or block to act as a conventional doorstop, and let the spring hold the door against it like a overlay door
2/ magnetic catch, although that seems like overkill when the hinge is sprung already

Thanks
Drew

Drew

You can also try some soft closers ( from B&Q for about £6 for 4 ).

Which I will be fitting in a unit I will be finishing this week \:D/

Colin is right Drew, but if you don't mind spending a little more, well quite a bit more, buy Blums soft closers, they're better quality and if the doors are lightweight will still soft close softly with a sprung hinge.

Dom

Dom

I got the tip of where to get the soft closers from Scrit plus he did say that Solice are a good make :wink:

Colin C":1vqs7wj5 said:
Dom

I got the tip of where to get the soft closers from Scrit plus he did say that Solice are a good make :wink:

Yeh, well my closers are better than his closers :) :) :twisted:

We need an Emoticon sticking his tongue out

I hadn't considered soft-closers - looks like a good option

DomValente wrote:

Colin is right Drew, but if you don't mind spending a little more, well quite a bit more, buy Blums soft closers, they're better quality and if the doors are lightweight will still soft close softly with a sprung hinge.

You mean these, with an adapter plate? http://www.woodfit.com/product_info.php?cPath=206&products_id=14&Name=Blumotion+for+Door+Mechanism

The doors are standard kitchen-cabinet size, MDF, 18mm frame, 6mm panel.

Thanks
Drew

dlowry_uk":2jv6bc5x said:
I hadn't considered soft-closers - looks like a good option

DomValente wrote:

You mean these, with an adapter plate? http://www.woodfit.com/product_info.php?cPath=206&products_id=14&Name=Blumotion+for+Door+Mechanism

The doors are standard kitchen-cabinet size, MDF, 18mm frame, 6mm panel.

Thanks
Drew

no m8
the ones at B&Q just screw to the surface they were 2 for £5 i think
74063517.q9vXCtAS.DSCN1132.JPG

btw nice user pic senior or did you think nobody would notice that shot of you naked :shock:

Mambo, that type are a bit dated these days.

I felt I had to change my avatar picture, for some reason people thought it was a joke picture :shock: but it may reappear soon

DomValente":n7g2rnwe said:
Those are they, but don't tell Colin, He's bigger than me :)

Dom

Dom

What do you mean by that :shock: [-(

I am a very nice man
By th way, you will still be there on Saturday :whistle: :wink:

Back