Stix's Part 1 Final Submission

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
I have chosen to design and make a computer desk/workstation for my competition entry. I hope to make it from Ash, but as not really done any work in hardwood I'm still not sure.

These pictures are the initial design from ideas that have been floating round my head for a few months.

The desk will be going in our loft conversion that has a narrow flight of stairs with two tight winds so the desk will be made in 3 pieces (right & left hand cabinets and desk top) and be assembled up in the room.

The room also will be used as a guest bedroom so I am trying to hide the keyboard, mouse, printer & scanner in drawers or cupboards - I can't think of a way to hide the monitor & speakers so they will have to stay on show :?

compdeskclosed.jpg

compdeskopen.jpg

The cables for each of the components to connect to the PC will be able to go through these cut-outs at the back of each cabinet.
compdeskbackcut-outs-1.jpg

I intend to box in the cables between the two cabinets when I can think of a way to do it (hammer). I haven't yet sorted out all the hardware for the drawer runners and door hinges either so there's still a fair bit of work to be done on the design.

Your comments/feedback/criticism is most welcome as I have very little experience of designing anything in wood.

Cheers
Steve

Back