Stanley back in the game again?? New planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CroppyBoy1798

Established Member
Reaction score
Was just looking through e-bay and seen a couple of (ok I'll say it) attractive looking Stanley planes! It'd seem they have at least considered getting there asses in gear and possibly realised that there planes in recent years are pretty rubbish! Has the resurgence of trendy and contemporary handplane makers like LN and LV finally persuaded them to actually employ a designer to have a look at there styling!

The No4
STA112136.JPG

StanleySweet-1.jpg

The No4 seems to have a fairly heavy looking iron/cap iron and solid enough lever cap as well as an adjustable mouth (handy addition?!)

The 60.5
STA112138.JPG

StanleySweet-R.jpg

The no4 cost in or around £90 and around £60 for the block, a bit of a step up from there usual offerings of the same type plane. Strangely they bear the old Sweat Heart logo :?

What say ye?? Anyone have one?

Interesting reading there, thanks! :D I like the look of 'em I must say and the reviews dont seem too bad, after Stanley fixed some initial flaws of course and they're in the reachable price range.

The only thing that I dont like the look of is the tote.....but ugly and cheap looking, something with a bit more shape to it, or a bit softer would've been the biz! #-o

Back