Spring Clean at Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andys wood shed

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been down the shed after the two day break to do a bit of machine tool maintenance and cleaning up

What do you recommend I use to wipe down the painted machine surfaces? as most are white

Regards

Andy

I think you've posted on the wrong forum mate . Housewife forum is just down the corridor on the left :lol:

i usually just give them a blow down with the air line

or are you on about some kind of car polish :lol:

in that case i would recommend "mer"

i have give my car a coat of this

or am i off on the wrong tangent here

ill get me coat and make good my escape :lol: :lol:

Thanks Jason :lol:

Hi Mel and John initially thought about a car polish but that would be ok on the flat surfaces I was looking to see if anybody could recommend a spray type product if that makes sense

Regards

Andy

Andy

I'd recommend a can of GT85. I've used GT85 for years as a general lubricant and rust preventative but you can spray it on plastic and painted surfaces too. On large surfaces, you can either leave the aerosol spray as it falls for maximum rust prevention (like on a saw blade) or you can give it a light wipe and then it dries off completely to leave a protective film. I reckon GT85 is more versatile than WD40. I buy my supplies in a local cycle shop but it's also available in places like Halfords too.

Regards.

Evergreen":3m5v8omm said:
Andy

I'd recommend a can of GT85. I've used GT85 for years as a general lubricant and rust preventative but you can spray it on plastic and painted surfaces too. On large surfaces, you can either leave the aerosol spray as it falls for maximum rust prevention (like on a saw blade) or you can give it a light wipe and then it dries off completely to leave a protective film. I reckon GT85 is more versatile than WD40. I buy my supplies in a local cycle shop but it's also available in places like Halfords too.

Regards.
Yes I use GT85 on my boat, it cured a problem in the electrics on the contactors that were sticking on the bow thruster. Excellent stuff, using it on tools would be great as it's not sticky like oil type sprays.

Lord Nibbo":3gaz8x1o said:
Yes I use GT85 on my boat, it cured a problem in the electrics on the contactors that were sticking on the bow thruster. Excellent stuff, using it on tools would be grate as it's not sticky like oil type sprays.

Another recommendation for GT85 here, got it for my mountain bike stuff and swear by it for everything now!

Back