spot the difference

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argus":2pn6dolc said:

..... the one on the left perhaps...??

What do you think?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well spotted. you must be psychic !!!!
(It does help if when remember to paste the link!!!!!)

Hell's teeth. The various "other" items eBay showme revealed a coupla' things;

1) Addis carving tools are a LOT cheaper at the moment than they have been historically;

2) eBay now shows you what other people are watching. This means that if you spot a mis-described bargain, and watch it, it WILL be bought to other people attention?!?!?

BugBear

bugbear":23inlxf6 said:
2) eBay now shows you what other people are watching. This means that if you spot a mis-described bargain, and watch it, it WILL be bought to other people attention?!?!?

BugBear
The answer is not to click the eBay watch button but just bookmark it in your browser.

1) Addis carving tools are a LOT cheaper at the moment than they have been historically;
Indeed! I just sold a group of 31 odd chisels, to an overseas buyer. A mix of VERY nice addis and other quality carving chisel manufacturers. Went for about a quid each. Shan't bother with that again then, eh?
There seem to be rapidly moving fashions on ebay that I find it very difficult to follow. I do have some other stuff to sell, which I shall put on the FS section first.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil

I think that the "group of 31" bit may have been your downfall.

I bet if you had photographed them individually...done a decent job with the pictures of each....marks...cutting edge...handles etc. Emphasised the ADDIS bit in the title and sub-title and sold on a Saturday night at about 11pm-12pm time....you would have made a hell of a lot more.

If you had sold them on the For Sale section here, you may have sold them to me! :(

:wink:

Jim

RogerP":22cqzbfy said:
bugbear":22cqzbfy said:

BugBear
The answer is not to click the eBay watch button but just bookmark it in your browser.

Yeah. that's obvious, once you know what Bay are doing.

Personally, I use a snipe service anyway...

I only use watch to keep a track when other people are selling items I happen to already have myself, out of nosiness.

BugBear

whiskywill":327obdwr said:
jimi43":327obdwr said:
Left handed?

How can you tell? It doesn't look much different to the one on the right to me? :?

It's made the other way round!

The second from the left is normal - you stand in front of your bench, and plane from right to left, with the built-in fence in the plane pushed against the work.

The left-most plane has its fence on the other side and would have to be pushed from left to right!

talking about sniping, goof bid let me down tonight, i put 2 identical bids on two almost identical items that finished seconds apart. i won one but the other failed to bid, i would assume that i would have won both?

:( :( :evil:

adidat

Left handed plane....made for a left-handed person or a half a pair for cutiing say astragals? Could be useful for rough grain and cutting against it. Never seen one before. Just a thought. Best wishes.

Back