Speed Genie vs on cl3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoffrey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Happy new year all can enyone tell me if speed Genie is still on the go.
I want to put vs on my cl3.
thae were in Haydock Lancs but i can not find them on the web
I could use Records unit but at 550 pounds its more than the Lathe cost.

Thanks Geoff :)

Thanks Paul you are a genius 309 pounds for the kit.
i will go for that Happy new year to you. 8)

Geoff :D

If you're at all mechanically/electrically mided, you could save youreslf a packet by building the system yourself.

These guys (along with a lot of others) sell all of the bits, you just need to wire it all up.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Drives-Direct-Inverters-LTD

I reckon you could easily save yourself in excess of £100

This should do you nicely.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-MOTOR-1HP-...al_Components_Supplies_ET?hash=item58852af804

Cheers

Aled

P.S. I've never used this company, nor do I have any connections, it's just an e-bay shop that I found that deals in this kind of thing. They do seem to know what they're on about though.

Hmmm, I've got a variable speed control lurking in the garage somewhere :-k

Used to use it with my Record CL3, worked well. It is a blue metal box with a knob or two on the front and a three pin socket also, you plug the lathe (or grinder or drill press or whatever) into that and then use the knob to control the speed.

Never really found a use for it once I got the big variable speed Wivamac lathe, so probably ought to get round to selling it sometime.

Think it cost around £150 new, but could be mistaken, don't know what it might be worth secondhand but full working condition, will have to research it and perhaps put a for sale thread up......

Cheers, Paul :D

Geoff
no problems i also looked at haydock converters.
dont know where you are in lancashire? but if warrington (junc 9 m62) is not too far for you to travel it might be worth giving john at newton tessla a ring as they were very helpful to me and a lot cheaper than haydock converters. :lol:
johns tel no.01925 444 773

Hi all now fitted Speed Genie from Haydock Converters.
This unit is Brilliant its like giving a stone age man a shot gun.
No virbration to speak of and so quiet. :D

Geoff :)

Hi Geoff,

Sounds like you're well happy with the new unit.

Haydock Converters website says the motor is 3 phase - are you running it off a normal 240v supply?

Cheers, Les.

Hi Les yes That is right 3 phase@ 250 volts 1hp motor
250 volts 1 phase in to inverter 250 volts 3 phase out to the motor.
Powerful and very smooth.
299 pounds + vat for CL3
Records price was over 550 pounds but as come down now in the new price list :roll:

Geoff :D

Latest posts

Back