Spalted beech hollow form

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

George Foweraker

Established Member
Reaction score
This piece is 150mm dia x 180 high.

Made from spalted beech I brought from the sawyer at Yandles show. I still have loads left over.

Finished in microcrystaline wax.

Pictures taken from different angles.

Comments welcome

STA70334.jpg

STA70335.jpg

STA70336.jpg

STA70337.jpg

you ok George ?

:D

Lovely form. There is some change from one side to the other ! - looks like a storm raging on a weather map !

loz":vilerzcz said:
you ok George ?

:D

Lovely form. There is some change from one side to the other ! - looks like a storm raging on a weather map !

Hi Loz

George is fine.

It is me that has gone stark raving mad.

George came down today to go through some techniques and we took some pictures of his form, which he then uploaded.

Unfortunately he left himself logged in :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh I could have some fun with that :lol: :lol: :lol:

But subsequently I added my comment via his log in not realising it was still live on my computer.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

George

I will start again.

It was good to see you today and thanks for bringing this piece down. It looks great in the flesh and is a lovely piece both form and finish wise. IMO.

Tis lovely. The form works wel for me. Not in love with the wood itself in some angles, but in others it's beautiful. But in terms of design and execution, it's simply perfect.

Hi laurence i am fine thanks i expect you thought i was drunk :roll:
Hi Mark.
Have you been upseting people in my name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Tom.
No acounting for taste i supose or lack of it. :lol: :lol:

Thank you all for your comments

Regards George

I love it George :D
I can see why you had to take the differing piccys just to show how different one piece of wood can be.
Nice to see a naturaly finished piece of yours :D

George,

I'm so dissapointed, what no black or white??? :wink:

I personally love this piece of wood, you've turned an excellent form and left nature to say the rest, beauty :)

Nice to hear from you again.

Lee.

What with you, George (Cornucopia) and Mark, I think the forum has the hollow form market cornered. Lovely wood well used. Nice to see the wood as well :lol:

Pete

hi i wonder if you have any spalted beech planks approx 100mm thick for sale ? I live in street so could easily pick it up in my van.

Lovely piece of wood and worked just enough to show it off at its best.

=D>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back