Spalted beech hollow form

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope the above removed wasn't aimed at my post as it was sincere. i did used to like seeing Mr foweraker 's pictures

Perhaps we should ignore that last post - I've never seen that before; you must have said something to upset him Melinda!!

Spalted beech is a curious beast - it seems to work for some shapes and uses but not others. I tried piercing some the other day and it looked awful. OK my piercing isn't that good, and the wood wasn't that heavily patterned, but it really didn't work at all.

Rob

Melinda,

Anyone who has followed threads here over time know that George's outburst above has nothing to do with you or your post above. Judging in competitions might be a reminder.

Introspection is a process that some may never want to pursue, as always it is easier to blame someone else than accept one's own shortcomings.

You are the last person who needs to be apologetic or feel bad about your post.

Phil

Philip Streeting":3bwiqwob said:
...You are the last person who needs to be apologetic or feel bad about your post. You are, however, unlikely to receive a public apology for the offensive response to your post - a true professional would have responded already.

Phil

Mod Hat On,
Melinda: I can concur that in my opinion the removed post was not aimed at you, just UKW and it's members in general.

Philip: In fairness to GF he cannot now respond to UKW posts, a result of his past wishes to have nothing further to do with UKW which the offending post confirmed in a most unpleasant way.

George,

I love the outside shape and the variation in the wood. =D> =D> =D>

How hollow is it? i.e. are the walls of the vessel only a few mm thick or is there just a central "hollow core" or somewhere inbetween?

Mike

I have Locked this thread.

If you read the recent post history above you will see that GF no longer has the ability to reply to messages.

His choice, his desire not to have anything to do with UKW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back