Social distancing, .. what's that?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have and we are making an excessive reaction to the asymptomatics. "

OK, all you Long-Covid sufferers, step right up and tell Selwyn et al how you would rather have had YOUR asymptomatic 'spreader' detected by testing, rather than given YOU the disease...Of course, he/she/it would have had to self-isolate and then you would not have contracted Cov-19 from them?....

Sam

Long Covid is not a proven thing. Its just a fact that some people will take a long time to recover from a nasty viral infection. Jeez, do you have long flu and long pneumonia? No

The rest of what you say adds to the hysteria. You think you can stop a virus?!!!

OK, all you Long-Covid sufferers, step right up and tell Selwyn et al how you would rather have had YOUR asymptomatic 'spreader' detected by testing, rather than given YOU the disease...Of course, he/she/it would have had to self-isolate and then you would not have contracted Cov-19 from them?....

Sam
Who isn't to say that long covid isn't a reaction/consequence to being traumatized by the fear mongering about covid in the beginning? Either way those included does not justify the response

Sam

How do you know that asymptomatic people gave them C19? You are making a silly assertion there.

PCR: a.k.a. Polymerase Chain Reaction...it does what it says on the tin. It amplifies what is there. Your statement " You can't get a false negative pcr " is conflating facts mightily and does little save exhibit your ignorance. Go work for Trump.

For those who are not following, PCR only makes what DNA is present in the test sample more plentiful. If, for some reason, covid DNA is not in said test sample, it will not be amplified. So, in a universe, far, far, removed from probability, a Corona-virus carrier, who (miraculously) gives a blood sample free of C19DNA, will "test negative". This scenario is specious, utterly so, so the " You can't get a false negative pcr " statement is pseudo-science and complete tosh.

Sam
You can't get a false negative, you can't get a true negative, all you can get is positive or not.

In much the same way as you can't be found innocent of a crime, just guilty, or not.

Artie, it was invented to increase the amount of DNA in any given sample. Once a sufficient amount of DNA was accumulated, THEN a conventional test for HIV could be carried out. Up to then, the amount of DNA available was too little to reliably test. PCR is a technique, not a test.

HTH. Sam

That's what the inventor said he invented it for.
I guess that is why he spent 30 years in biology and not virology. I also assert the social and economic destruction matters less to a retired, financially secure person as it wont affect them. We need to have these conversations. As I type no doubt Boris is inflicting further devastating restrictions on freedoms and liberties while at his side rich Richy from Richmond dishes out nothing for the worker but money and power locally to collect in their 10k fines. Its a disgrace

All looking like it's going to be a very bleak winter for everyone, health and economically.
I suspect it's going to get a lot worse on all fronts.

The 3 tier response just been announced is only going to be effective in inflicting 3 levels of increasing destruction. Whitty admitted actually admitted there's no science behind closing hospitality down. There's plenty of evidence that children catch everything in winter. We are getting told of new infections at my daughters school daily with a plea not to phone and swamp the switchboard. No School closure though. Just 2 instances which cause the total undermining of confidence in the decision makers. Then we have journalists who do not ask any meaningful questions letting them off the hook. Joe Biden gets tougher ones and he's senile.
I truly despair.

Fun thought: "We have to follow the science". Unfortunately the scientists appear to be revolting. Not only do we have the Great Barrington Declaration going against the lockdown narrative, now we have the WHO coming out against lockdown, too, too. Dr David Nabarro on Radio 4:

"I want to say it again: We in the World Health Organisation do not advocate lockdowns as a primary means of controlling this virus."

Well, that's awkward. Now what do we do? We have to follow the science, but we have to not do what the alleged scientists allegedly said will allegedly make us safe. Does not compute.

Perhaps it's time to start investigating Bill Gates after all...

Has anyone heard of MR BRIAN ROBERT AMLEY

Might be worth a quick google search.

On second thoughts duck duck go might be better.

Last edited:
You can't get a false negative, you can't get a true negative, all you can get is positive or not.

In much the same way as you can't be found innocent of a crime, just guilty, or not.
That is incorrect

What causes false negatives?

• Poor sampling technique. Nasopharyngeal sampling is invasive and can feel unpleasant. It may be less effective when carried out unsupervised, so the false negative rate may increase as sampling at home becomes more common.

• Sample degradation. Samples may degrade when stored or while being transported.

• Sampling too early. Viral shedding from individuals peaks just before, or at the onset of

symptoms [4,5]. If samples are taken early in infection (1-4 days after infection) they have an

increased false negative rate.

• Sampling too late. Viral shedding declines after symptoms have peaked [6]. Samples taken at

this stage of infection will show an increased false negative rate

Fun thought: "We have to follow the science". Unfortunately the scientists appear to be revolting. Not only do we have the Great Barrington Declaration going against the lockdown narrative, now we have the WHO coming out against lockdown, too, too. Dr David Nabarro on Radio 4:

Perhaps it's time to start investigating Bill Gates after all...
Gate,faucci and others need looking at for their conflict of interests as a bare minimum. As I said previously Gates is the 2020 JD Rockerfella. Corporate bully to Philanthropist extraordinaire. He's increased his fortune 200% since he started his foundation. He stands to make a trillion dollars down to this pandemic. He makes out of testing, vaccines his grubby fingers are everywhere but not a single dime to help with ppe or his fellow citizens. Mark my words he will be ruined eventually tyrants always are

Who isn't to say that long covid isn't a reaction/consequence to being traumatized by the fear mongering about covid in the beginning? Either way those included does not justify the response

You are implying long Covid is simply in people's heads.....gee

Do you think the following is a lie then:

Persistent health problems reported following acute COVID-19 disease include:

• respiratory symptoms and conditions such as chronic cough, shortness of breath, lung inflammation and fibrosis, and pulmonary vascular disease
  • cardiovascular symptoms and disease such as chest tightness, acute myocarditis and heart failure
  • protracted loss or change of smell and taste
  • mental health problems including depression, anxiety and cognitive difficulties
  • inflammatory disorders such as myalgia, multisystem inflammatory syndrome, Guillain-Barre syndrome, or neuralgic amyotrophy
  • gastrointestinal disturbance with diarrhoea
  • continuing headaches
  • fatigue, weakness and sleeplessness
  • liver and kidney dysfunction
  • clotting disorders and thrombosis
  • lymphadenopathy
  • skin rashes

My niece works in NHS, 2 colleagues have long term health issues from Covid, one has heart damage and the other has lung damage, one is on long term sick leave the other has had to give up work.

Fun thought: "We have to follow the science". ...now we have the WHO coming out against lockdown, too, too. Dr David Nabarro on Radio 4:

"I want to say it again: We in the World Health Organisation do not advocate lockdowns as a primary means of controlling this virus."

Well, that's awkward. Now what do we do? We have to follow the science, but we have to not do what the alleged scientists allegedly said will allegedly make us safe. Does not compute.

It only doesn't compute if you are intentionally distorting or failing completely to understand. He was saying that WHO does not advise reliance on lockdowns where they can be avoided, because they are a blunt brute force measure with really bad side-effects. That's what 'primary' means - they should be a back-up last resort. In the first wave, we did not have many other tools. WHO has always advocated TTI as the primary policy, as do all the scientists you are railing about. The problem is that this incompetent government (and its contractors) spaffed £12bn of money and 9 months of time up the wall on its failed T&T infrastructure, so now they are going to need to rely on the blunt instrument of lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back