Slingshots

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a cat here could chase a squirrel up a 45 foot tree and whack it out of the tree, squirrel falls in the grass, gets up and runs into the woods.cat comes down the tree and saunters of to woods,5 minutes later wanders back with squirrel. i watched this from an easy chair and i dont get how the cat new it had doomed the squirrel with one whack or how it found it after wards in a jungle

I would show killer kitty's results after squirrel catching also, but I think most here wouldn't appreciate them.

Last summer, she was sitting on the step cleaning her front feet. I saw a tail in the yard and was kind of dreading having to dig a hole to get rid of the squirrel (wife's big thing for a while - bury anything big instead of leaving it until something takes it away).

Walked over to it and there was a small organ or two, tail (no squirrel attached), two back feet and a nose with two teeth attached to it.

The mrs. said "I don't think she did that" as the cat was about 10 feet away cleaning.

"no, of course not. She just sat there and watched it happen".

most cats here in the burbs are too lazy to get squirrels, and the squirrels are bold. They don't walk the fence around this yard any longer if kitty is anywhere close.

of course, I took a picture of the bits left behind like proud dad - not to show the parts, but to show how much wasn't there.

Son's bout was bad. He got sick with three other things over the next two months. I'm convinced that the lyme overwhelmed his immune system to some extent.

one of those things was covid, which he got over pretty quickly, but then his immune system went bonkers for a couple of days leaving him covered in appearing and disappearing spots that were worrying.

I've not seen anything that knocked him out like lyme, though. It came on at once and he was like a lump within a day and a very high fever.
Poor guy. I hope he's fully recovered now.

Poor guy. I hope he's fully recovered now.

He's fine now - not sure if there is any connection, but his was caught early. Pediatrician said they've stopped waiting for positive tests for lyme as there's too much damage by the time they will test positive. The fix was an antibiotic and since son was early on, it was perhaps 3 days of the nasties and then getting progressively better.

The obnoxious part was that he seemed to get relatively significant sick and had an adverse reaction to getting covid. It's easy being sick and just ignore it to a great extent. It's not as easy to ignore when it's the kids that are sick repeatedly - it starts to give concern for things like leukemia, which you can push in the US and the health care system will always bend and test something if you get nutty - even if the practitioner thinks it's unlikely. But we were fortunately one step short of pulling the annoying patient card.

A few friends in the wife's group have had lyme, caught later, and are not fully cured years later. An aunt of mine has been confined to a scooter for decades now due to a bad bout of lyme. it's a real nuisance.

Back