Sliding table setup / Calibration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berniesquash

Reaction score
I recently bought a really nice sliding table from Roy at Woodford Tooling - and I've been racking my brains on the best way to set it up on my table saw... Then it came to me! I'm not talking about setting the Miter gauge up - but accurately aligning the sliding table itself to the saw blade.

First - set up your table saw miter slots to the blade in the normal manner - This process involves moving a dial indicator along the miter slot between a marked tooth on the blade (rotate marked tooth front to back etc).

Aligning the sliding table is easier! The dial indicator stays fixed to measure the point from the blade to the miter slots on the sliding table and the sliding table is then moved (slid) against the dial indicator! Because the range of movement of the sliding table is quite large - you can achieve really accurate positioning to ensure its perfectly parallel. (I used a couple of slivers of tin foil between the sliding table mounting bolts and the table sides... worked a treat!)

It was like a eureka moment! :)

cheers. I need to align my table top- I had not thought about marking a tooth and moving it around. I was planning on using the blade plate.

Back