Sliding table on TS2500ci

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whybob71

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I own a scheppach TS2500ci bench saw and I'm quite happy with it; the saw has table lenght and width extensions. Would you consider buying a sliding table carriage for this saw? if so, the 1400 mm is fine?

Hi, I have the same saw and it has been fine. I have the 1400mm sliding table which also is fine,but if you can afford it I would go for the 2000mm sliding table.
I dont know what the price of these are,but knowing Scheppach its going to cost :cry:
Hth, Mark.

The sliding carriage is OK on this machine, easy to fit and set up and runs smoothly, but this design is not good where any weight is concerned, the load is not spread and there is a problem trying to support larger pieces.
Also the fence does not have the option of front or rear fixing to the table and if it did there would not be a need for the 2 mtr beam which could be intrusive in a smaller shop.
I have retired my 2500, with 1.4 beam, and side extension, bought new, and now it sits in a corner functioning as a bandsaw bench/table
I bought a Fox table saw, the larger cast one with the telescopic outrigger and steel carriage and this is just as accurate as the Sheppach but more substantial and capable of dealing with larger and heavier workpieces.
If you will only be working with lighter and smaller pieces then the Scheppach table will be great, just that it has its limits.

I might resurrect the 2500 at some point and use it somewhere else in the workshop, just as a trimming or mitre saw but the Fox is now the main unit and having used Scheppach 2500 for 10 years and the Fox for one year I am just as happy with the fox.

If you really need a sliding carriage for the saw it might be more cost efficient to buy a full second hand saw that has one and fit the beam etc to yours and resell it without , or keep the whole thing for spares.

many thanks for the replays.
actually I have some crosscutting sleds, which are quite accurate for work up to 80 cm width and the scheppach sliding carriage seems expensive.....

Back